Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 04:08 PM

Bad walk for me today

We like these threads on Dogsey so here it goes...

Firstly I forgot it was half term and drove 2 of my dogs the park. There were children everywhere. That wasnt too bad I just walked on the grass and the kids were mainly on the path. Then this child screamed and ran towards K who was minding her own business and gave her a massive hug on the head!! K fortuntely loved it (but I was in shock it was so dangerous) but K was now going bananas with excitement doing zoomies on the path round all the kids, one of the adults then screamed and K jumped on her, I managed to catch K and put her on the lead.

Meanwhile Alex is trying to pry the same child from before off Ishka who was now getting a hug to the head. I didnt know who this child belonged to so we walked off in a different direction.

I was planning on doing 20 minutes walking with Ishka and 20 mins carrying. We moved away from the kids and towards the lake. I removed the lead from K. Towards the end of the 20 mins I heard SPLASH, I turn round and theres my basset hound sinking with Alex laughing at her. She had fallen in the lake. She was still sinking so I started to panic and shout at himto go in and get her, but then she started to swim. K at this point thought it would be a good idea to follow and got in the lake too. I was furious with Alex as he was supposed to be watching Ishka while I watched K but he was just laughing and said she slipped in while having a drink. I told him he was carrying her all the way to the car then and he refused

Anyways we decided to take a short cut across a field to cut the walk so Ishka could walk. Both soggy wet dogs found some poo on the field and rolled in it. Then just as we were nearing the car, Ishka was sniffing the ground as Bassets do, I saw her pick something up and leg it. Upon retrieving said item, I found it it was a piece of broken glass Who would leave broken glass on a field in park? Thankfully no damage done as I got it out sharpish.

K then had a Kevin moment near the car and refused to go back on the lead. Fianlly got to the car and opened the boot to get the towel to clean the dogs. It wasnt there.I had removed it when the car went for its MOT and forgotten to put it back. Have to repeat the process with Minnie in a bit, not going back to that park
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Lol. Part time parkers in the sunshine can ruin a good walk!!!
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Oh, I do empathise with the bit about the kids!

I've had the exact same situation with Dexter; usually the kids are fine, it's the parents who start yelling and screaming with fear!!!
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Never mind its only a weeks holiday. Blokes are useless as well.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 06:12 PM
He really is useless

Only a Basset could nearly drown in a foot of water...
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 06:13 PM
WHY OH WHY can't parents keep their offspring on leads?

I was at a car boot sale with Izzy and Parker when I had only had Izzy for a week and a boy of about 5 suddenly ran over and draped himself over the dogs Fortunately Izzy was fine but I told the parent that you should always ask the owner if their dog is ok to touch and that would not be the correct way to pat a dog! She then told the little boy off! I don't really think it was his fault!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
He really is useless

Only a Basset could nearly drown in a foot of water...
i was a ht... believe me they do sink!! i used to try and swim one that was owned by a swimming instructor lmao!!
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 10:23 PM
Sorry you didn't have a good walk but the basset ending up in the water did make me laugh!
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by emma47 View Post
Sorry you didn't have a good walk but the basset ending up in the water did make me laugh!
I feel better about it now I admit, but she was going under and sinking, then coming up and sinking..I thought all dogs could swim but she looked to be failing at first and it scared me! When she did actally swam it was quite elegant in the end
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
I feel better about it now I admit, but she was going under and sinking, then coming up and sinking..I thought all dogs could swim but she looked to be failing at first and it scared me! When she did actally swam it was quite elegant in the end
Aww bless her at least you know she can swim now!

When Ted nearly ended up in the canal i was worried for a minute but once he scrambled out i couldn't stop laughing
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >