Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2006, 08:56 AM

Lovely walk this morning

Well Takara and I set off for a walk this morning, I was tired, cold and miserable. The last thing I wanted to do at 7:30am was to leave the house and go for a walk in the rain!

We got to the park and she went running off and coming back and running off and coming back like she does, grinning at me the whole time.
I watched her as the stood attentively watching something across the other side of the park, one foot raised, concentration on her face and her whole body lined up straight (she thinks she's a pointer).

We walked towards the lake and as I turned the corner to come into view of the lake, I saw a mist moving over the water, ducks on the lake, rabbits running in and out of the bushes, fish jumping in the lake and a heron stood waiting on a little island in the middle.

It was truly magnificent. I just stood there taking it all in, the heron took off and glided towards another piece of land where it waited. The rabbits chased each other back up to their burrow in the wooded area above the lake and Takara and I walked down towards the fishing area.

Takara stood watching the ripples that formed as raindrops fell from the trees into the lake and we walked on to meet a friend and his dog.

The two dogs played together and whenever one went to investigate something the other had to join them like two little children.

It was a fantastic walk and as I walked alone with her for a while I got a good chance to appreciate where I was. It's not a particularly special place, students had left broken bottles and rubbish lying around but it made me realise that wherever you are, God can reach that place and anywhere can be appreciated if you can see the wonderful things there.
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Awwwww, thankyou for sharing your walk

Its wonderful to apreciate what we have and the surroudnings that are around us.

I have two special/peaceful places where I go for a walk, and love to take a the that minute to take everything in.

Min xxxxxx
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Thanks Min,

It really was like one of those things you dream about! While rushing through life, I sometimes forget to take a moment and appreciate the things that are special.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Sounds magical - thanks for sharing
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2006, 04:49 PM
thanks for sharing your walk with us , i get that feeling sometimes when i walk molly suddenly you just realise how lucky you are
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2006, 05:10 PM
it sounds lovely shame theres always some one who wants to spoil it with their rubbish, but at least u had a nice time oh and your baby
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2006, 05:13 PM
sounds like it was worth getting up at 7.30am! Glad you both enjoyed your walk.
Dee1974
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-05-2006, 06:20 PM
As the saying goes: the best trhings in life are free. We often do not appreciate them though. Sounds a loveley walk.