Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 08:16 PM

sadies strange behaviour

Im getting myself in a bit of a panic. three weeks ago sadie and yoda tied when she was in season. she was given the 'morning after' injection the next day followed by another the day after that. the vet said he has not seen it fail yet- so that reassured me it would work.
bearing in mind she has had phantom pregnancys before..she has started strange behaviour...shes really really clingy, extremely aggressive towards other dogs, including yoda and today has PEED in the house- half an hour after coming back from a walk. this is not like her she is the cleanest dog and can go hold it in a long long while(if its raining!!)
oh and her nipples are slightly enlarged...im gonna have a good look over her in a sec but im so worried i have let her down and she may be pregnant.(the only reason yoda isnt done is cause i wanted to wait til he was 2) i feel like a rubbish mum
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 08:30 PM
I would perhaps have the vet take a look at her in case of pyometra.

Of course, there is a small chance of failure with the misalliance jab or she could be having a phantom but best to be on the safe side.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 08:55 PM
I would think that those mis-mate injections throw their reproductive hormones out of whack. So, I'd play it by the ear for the next couple of weeks and see what happens, but I would still phone the vet ASAP and check to see if this is a normal reaction.

Why isn't she spayed out of curiosity?
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:07 PM
she is due to be spayed at the beginning of september after she has competed in the finals that are at the end of aug- if i have her done anytime soon i wont be able to qualify...also, yoda was due to be neutered but it couldnt be done as he was too ill under anaesthetic(he was having another op at time) so they had to wake him up.
they are both being done after finals. It was totally my fault at the time- i was sure she had finished her season as yoda didnt seem the slightest bit interested...until i turned my back.

spoke to my vet on the phone and he didnt seem to concerned..said it was more likely to be her hormones- doesnt stop me woorying though
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:10 PM
'Finals'??
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:18 PM
I have had the jag done on teagan twice, never ever have I had it done the day after mating then the day after that,

I think its 2/3 days after mating then again on day 5 after mating, do you know what drug he used, there is more than one,

the one I use has less issues risks to health, eg pyo and so on

I wouldnt worry to much about the symptoms, it could just be a reaction to the drug, you can always have her scanned after day 30 if your really worried,

another sure sign of pregnacy would be a bit of discharge from the rear, normaly a clearish/opague{sp?} jelly type seen after around four weeks,

but scanning will be a good idea.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:45 PM
agility finals- but i also did not want her spayed until later as it reduces the risk of incontenance apparently.

The jab was given the day after- the vet did say there was a different one but as i was there then that paticular drug was fine...didnt realise there was a bigger health risk! she has had no discharge but has always been slightly 'light' as she does so much activity but now she has put weight on-not necessarily round her abdomen. but she did so when she had her phantom. the vet said there is no way to tell until 28 days anyway-but he doesnt seem to think she is even though he hasnt checked her since!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:53 PM
oh..and she didnt come back into season after the injections even thought he vet said she would...im hoping its just her hormones but im gonna book her in for a scan after what would be day 28 jsut to be sure.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 08:42 PM
well...update...
Sadie was at the vets today cause she isnt right at all...she got ridiculously aggressive yesterday, wouldnt even tolerate yoda being near her and even growled at me! obviously she is not right! as that is so unlike her. and she has also got quite a bit of milk and her vulva is still quite swollen so off we went to the vet...
he seems to think it is a phantom- but did a full mot due to her sudden full on aggression- she had to be muzzled she has never been muzzled all her life bless her she was quite upset especially when it came to temperature time!
everything seemed normal and i think the vet thinks im a bit too worried but i cant help it! she is booked in for a scan though next week just to be sure(i had to persuad the vet for this!) and we'll see how we go..oh yeh she also pooped in the house very unlike her...
Breezay
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-02-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm sorry I don't really have any advice for you but I do hope Sadie feels better soon.
I'm sending virtual hugs for all of you *hugs*
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >