Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2010, 11:04 PM

Monster of a dog in Elmdon Park!

hi All,

Today I took my dogs (Zane & Yiannis) to Elmdon Park. Nothing new there you may think. Except that Zane was itching to go over and play with a black dog I could see some way off. He hasn't met this dog before although I have seen the owner and spoken - just to say hello to really.

Zane was off lead but remained with me. Until I knew the other owner was happy for playtime to go ahead I wasn't going to release him and I thought seeing as he's only just got back on track with his recall and he was so excited abotu this dog, it would be a good test for him to wait a couple of minutes.

Well as we got closer, the oterh owner called out first. it wasn't who I thoguht it was and the dog was different too. So it's just as well he didn't go runnning off. The other woman said she was happy for the dogs to meet and play so I released Zane.

They had a whale of a time, gambolling over each other (or tripping over each other depending on yourperception), playing splat etc,

Now this dog, at a distance, was a black labrador. On closer inspection, he was still a black labrador with yellow eyes! And, msot surprisingly, he was huge. he was the same size as Zane (which takes some doing). So I was wondering, do youthink it was just a big lab (the owner said it was) or maybe a lab x? I've never seen one with yellow eyes before.

Or for those who live in Birmignham and frequent Elmdon Park on a Saturday morning, have you seen him before? Do you know what he is?

I didn't have my camera with me and I'd left my phoen in the car (not very sensible, I know) so I didn't ge tthe chance to take a photo. If I see him again,. I definitely will though. Obviosuly a picture can't say how big he is but if I take the photo of him next to Zane and Yiannis (who is average size for a 16 month old GSD) then it should give some idea of just how big he was.

Laura xx
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
hi All,

Today I took my dogs (Zane & Yiannis) to Elmdon Park. Nothing new there you may think. Except that Zane was itching to go over and play with a black dog I could see some way off. He hasn't met this dog before although I have seen the owner and spoken - just to say hello to really.

Zane was off lead but remained with me. Until I knew the other owner was happy for playtime to go ahead I wasn't going to release him and I thought seeing as he's only just got back on track with his recall and he was so excited abotu this dog, it would be a good test for him to wait a couple of minutes.

Well as we got closer, the oterh owner called out first. it wasn't who I thoguht it was and the dog was different too. So it's just as well he didn't go runnning off. The other woman said she was happy for the dogs to meet and play so I released Zane.

They had a whale of a time, gambolling over each other (or tripping over each other depending on yourperception), playing splat etc,

Now this dog, at a distance, was a black labrador. On closer inspection, he was still a black labrador with yellow eyes! And, msot surprisingly, he was huge. he was the same size as Zane (which takes some doing). So I was wondering, do youthink it was just a big lab (the owner said it was) or maybe a lab x? I've never seen one with yellow eyes before.

Or for those who live in Birmignham and frequent Elmdon Park on a Saturday morning, have you seen him before? Do you know what he is?

I didn't have my camera with me and I'd left my phoen in the car (not very sensible, I know) so I didn't ge tthe chance to take a photo. If I see him again,. I definitely will though. Obviosuly a picture can't say how big he is but if I take the photo of him next to Zane and Yiannis (who is average size for a 16 month old GSD) then it should give some idea of just how big he was.

Laura xx
Are you sure it wasn't one of these...

Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 01:07 AM
LOL - I wish! I think they're gorgeous but ont he basis that Zane is still alive and kicking, I doubt it.

In fact, if the eyes were brown and the ears a littel more pointed, it could pass for Ellie!

Laura xx