Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2009, 09:51 AM

Trainer reccommendations - sheffield/south Derybshire

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone trains or knows anyone in this area who runs nice training classes.

Someone who has been coming to my classes is moving to this area and she wants to continue training her dog so I said I would ask about for some reccomendations.

I am happy fro people to PM me if they would rather.

Thanks
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2009, 10:59 AM
I run classes in Sheffield but am still only doing my basics classes at the moment (however, people want to continue with me so I may be starting something else up soon)

Alternatively can highly recommend Boneyfido of Sheffield - Liz and Dave are great.

These are all prebooked courses, for roll on roll off classes I know there is Hillsborough but can't say what that's like - have heard mixed things about it.

Recently heard more of a class called People and Dogs which people are raving about - never been to watch so can't say for definite but people seem quite happy with them.

I know of a few yank and yell classes to avoid though if you want to pm

Lottie
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks....and yes please to the ones to avoid.

The dog is working towards his Silver KCGC at the moment.

I will pass the info on to the lady - along with my suggestion to go and watch first

She is hoping to be up thier in about 6 weeks but I'd imagine that sorting out the house and job will be first prioirty, but she doesn;t want to let the training slide...he is a big boy
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2009, 01:16 PM
I run classes in Nottingham.

We currently run around 11 classes from pups through to trick training, comp obed, etc.

We dont have a formal competition obedience class as such, mostly we train pets, but we do have competition handlers who train with us. My classes are all felxible in their approach and if someone has a specific trianing need we do that.

We use whistles, clickers, lure based, training methods generally. My webiste is [link Removed] and although a bit out of date, it does have most details on there. Note however, that we no longer run classes on Thursdays and we do run "overflow, demand based" classes on Mondays The other course info is correct. Hope that helps. Cheers.