View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mayhew Animal Home
Listed Rescue on Dogsey

29-06-2007, 08:48 AM

Mr Pip

Mr Pip is a five-year-old, male Jack Russell Terrier, who, sadly, came to the Mayhew unwanted because he is blind. He is a very sweet and affectionate soul, who is toilet-trained, well-behaved, knows all the basic commands. He dislikes other dogs so will need to wear a muzzle whilst off lead in the park. He has not been tested with children, but since he needs a fairly quiet and calm home, he cannot be rehomed to a home with children under 14. He can be left alone for a couple of hours without any problems.

Mr Pip is a calm dog, whose laid-backness could possibly be laziness in disguise. He likes his comforts and will jump up onto beds and sofas for a snuggle and a snooze. He adores chicken. He copes extremely well with his blindness, with his hearing and sense of smell working overtime to compensate. He walks well on his lead and if you come to a Kerb or step, you just have to say 'Kerb' and he will understand. If you say 'do you want to be picked up? and the answer is 'yes', he'll sit at your feet to be picked up. When off of his lead, he homes in on your voice and never wanders off, and he will need at least one hour of off-lead exercise every day. He is a very intelligent boy, who loves to explore, so he will need a secure garden to prevent him accidentally 'escaping' by wandering through a gap.

Mr Pip is looking for a new loving forever home with someone who has owned dogs before. That home will be greatly enriched by the presence of this little star. His new guardians will be taking on a ten-year commitment, which must not be taken lightly.

If you're interested in offering Mr Pip a perfect, loving, fully committed, lifetime home please visit The Mayhew Animal Home any Tuesday to Saturday between 1pm - 3.30pm.

For further information on our adoption procedure please email lisag@mayhewanimalhome.org.uk
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Poor Pip
I hope his perfect new home comes along soon :smt001
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 07:37 PM
He sounds adorable :smt049

(secretly wishing my dogs would answer if they want to be picked up..lol.. saying that though, my lot would definitely break my back!)
kazaroo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Pip is a queen anne type and I am looking for a leggy plus I have a male woofer so ideally would like a bitch.
Closed Thread