Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2008, 06:47 PM

Physio appointment - good news

I had my second appointment at the physio centre on Friday. The first time I went she just talked to me and didn't really want to touch my knee (or even look!) because she hadn't got all the info (which is a nice change - usually they just guess anyway without looking at notes).

She did some homework and I went back on Friday a couple of weeks after the first one.

Friday she just concentrated on diagnostic tests, no exercises.

The good news is, she doesn't think there's anything dodgy going on! She said she can't tell for sure that there's nothing going on inside the joint (previously I've had bleeding into the joint and needed operations) but my symptoms and pain are definitely consistent with weak thigh muscles causing my knee cap to be pulled across and rub on my thigh bone which is quite common and most likely caused by my reluctance to use my leg due to the problem I already have going on.

So we're going to try physio, if it's doing no good or causing more problems, then I get referred back for more tests to see if there is anything going on but the likelihood is it's a very simple problem!

The only problem I'll have is I will find the physio more painful and more difficult than most people but I'm prepared to try.

Woohooo! I have a NORMAL problem! And the doctor bothered to check it out first instead of just writing it off as part of my Klippel Trenaunay!

I did find it quite amusing when she said 'I want you to try not to limp'. I have always limped since I was a child - and having one leg shorter than the other I probably always will
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Glad they checked it out and its a "normal" problem!
Good luck in getting it fixed. x
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Oh Lottie! You made me laugh there about her asking you to try not to limp!

Hope the physio helps your normal problem! All the best!
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2008, 09:51 PM
glad you have a normal problem hun x
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks MissE

LOL Nicola, I know - she said it like I was limping on purpose!!

kicks, yes so am I