Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 12:49 PM

nits ahhhhhhhhhhh

i dont belive it , i caught bloody nits from my lucie she had been sleeping in my bed while daddy was away to keep me company or so she said and when i went to get my hair cut luckily it was my friend who said i got nit eggs !!! i feel so dirty i have treated our hair its just the thought of them in my hair ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Ooh nooo - they are horrible little things - but apparently they like clean hair not dirty hair so at least that should cheer you up a bit. Rhianna got them when she started nursery school nearly two years ago and fortunately (touch wood) hasn't had them since. If you have the nit eggs just put plenty of conditioner on after washing and wet comb your hair every night with a special nit comb and this should be enough to get rid of them cos the lotions don't usually work on the eggs do they.

Good luck and no scratching
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Ewwwww. making me itch!!! Buy a robi comb (not sure what they are called over here) it electrocutes the little blighters, also very good to use on your animals
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 12:58 PM
well i straighten my hair to so i have been burning the little b***ers , its just so gross but lucie has very long hair and its clean its ok coz i can do hers but who will do mine !
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-06-2006, 05:09 PM
the other thing i use is tea tree shampoo, they don't like it so you can still have clean hair but the oil puts them off.
you know its the role of a mum.....you have to do your own.
got me scratching now thinking about them.
caitlin has long ish hair and i'm always checking hers i don't want them.
i thought the stuff you buy kills the eggs etc as well some of them are just moose and leave in for half an hour.
mark meek
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-06-2006, 08:12 PM
you might have to wait a while but my 5 year old step daughter wants to be a nit nurse when she grows up, she love playing with hair but dosent want to be a hairdresser. i'll ask her tomorrow, its to late now, what she recomends.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Arn't they such a pain,our Elizabeth used to get them quite alot,but she hasn't had any for about 6 months now,we use some stuff called x-it,it's all natural stuff like tea-tree,peppermint etc mind you it don't half pong.