Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2015, 04:40 AM

Family Movie night - with dogs

So my Jadey has been under the weather because we've been so rained out etc. and her hippies have been stiffy. She's had even less patience for Nigredo than usual so I've been keeping him away, like I always do when her MOODS hit her.

But she came to sit with us last night during movie night where we watch Netflix for about an hour or two. So I went and got the camera for a few piccies. I think she's feeling a lot better.

Not sure what mom was blabbering about... (only Nigredo was listening)

Hello! We are dogs... namely happy ones!

Everyone is awake...

Now everyone is asleep

Thanks for looking!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

19-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Aw MF what really lovely photos, love the first one! The dogs look really happy (not that they aren't always) but especially so in those photos.

Hugs to them.

Thanks for sharing
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2015, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the lovely comments, as usual. Hope your Charlie guy is doing okay. Best wishes to you!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-04-2015, 08:37 PM
Your dogs are lovely, I realy liked that Nigredo has full use of the sofa

They look happy, well fed, and their coats (especially Nigredo) are shiny (Always a sign of good human companionship)

Sorry you've been having too much rain, bear in mind that it can rain pretty bad on this side of the pond as well often the continuos drizzly type rain as well.
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Lovely dogs, your Nigredo reminds me of Trippy a black lab cross my Dad used to have. Does Nigredo hold his tail in a curl (like in the photo) cos Trippy did.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2015, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the nice comments, you two. Losos... I've tried to get Jades coat to look as shiny as Nigredos, but she's just not as black as him... she's got lots of brown and gray in her black so its just not as shiny. As for the couch, Nigredo is a spoily head.

Popster... he does hold his tail in a curl most of he time... and he is a trippy Labrador mix himself They are good dogs, and the curly tails don't knock everything over like the normal otter Labrador tails. A bonus!

Here's a better view of how his tail is usually held
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2015, 10:49 PM
MJ, do you know what I could actually be looking at Trippy there (her name was actually Triptych) but your Nigredo is bigger than Trippy was. I shall see if I can find a photo of her to scan and upload. She definitely held her tail like that. I know she was a lab cross but don't know what else. She was one of 5 puppies our local vet found on their doorstep one morning!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2015, 02:06 AM
I'd love to see her. Nigredo is 41 kg, but a tad fat. His double rear dew claws, head and ear shape, coat texture, tail type, size, and many other factors made my vet dub him a Labrador/Great Pyrenees mix. She later even went on to say that because of his litters circumstances, he might have even been a deliberate failed cross breeding of those two breeds only.

The puppies were all big, goofy, and had hip dysplasia. But Nigredo has a wonderful temperament so the rest I can deal with. She owns a pure bred Great Pyrenees so I just went with it after I asked around and had a look around.
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2015, 01:28 PM
MJ, here are a couple of pics of Trippy, notice that tail!

Trippy's coat not so shiny as Nigredo but I think it lost her shine as she got older.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Oh, boy there she is. What a pretty girl. Aside from being a tad smaller and less fluffy, they do look alike. Nigredo almost looks greasy he's so shiny... not super ideal lol. She looks like maybe Labrador and Basenji. Very good looking girl.