Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 09:53 AM

Enoughs Enough

After milo going down with yet another bout of Anemia over christmas, so I had to change his food again to correct it. I phoned my vets again yesterday and asked to speak to the vet I have seen the last couple of times there as she was really interested in milos case and we hit it off well as she has similar interests in Autoimmune disease etc etc so we was able to share knowlege. (Not that we know milo has it).
She looked back through milos notes and said unfortunatly my usual vet who is very good does not write up enough notes to help her with whats gone on in the past she can just see he was anemic for x amount of weeks and the problems as they arose.
She was also very interested in the fact that he only ever had his puppy vaccs yet everytime since his titre tests have come back with abnormally high through the roof results which is making her think about abnormal immune responses.
She has asked me to bring milo in on Thur and book an extra long appointment. I told her I really need to get to the bottom of this and why he gets anemic so easily and she agrees enough is enough for the poor lad so keep your fingers crossed that Thur we can find a way forward to get him on an even keel.
Its Milos 4th birthday on the 15th of this month and I would love it to be a happy healthy one for him although that maybe a bit ambitious to have resolve that quickly. But hey you never know.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Good luck Bev it is awful when you can't pinpoint exactly what is causing a dogs problems, you feel so helpless

I hope you manage to sort out Milo's problems one and for all xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Good luck Bev it is awful when you can't pinpoint exactly what is causing a dogs problems, you feel so helpless

I hope you manage to sort out Milo's problems one and for all xx
Thanks ,Yes the worst part is not knowing whats causing him to be so up and down. Perhaps if we can pinpoint what goes wrong in him we can then either treat it or work with it.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Good Luck for Thursday. Here's hoping this year finds the problem and it's solvable.xxxxxxxx
CandyKooKoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Good luck for Thursday.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Hope she can manage to sort it out for you Bev, and for poor Milo as well x
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 02:51 PM
hi, can i ask, what type of anaemia does he have?
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Good luck for Thursday - fingers and paws crossed here
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 03:45 PM
good luck for you and Milo *hugs*
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Good luck, i'm pleased that you have a vet that is really eager to help sort out the problem, fingers crossed you make some real progress on Thursday.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >