Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dlboxerdog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-12-2008, 06:37 PM

Rocket, Layla and Shelly

Dear Friends Afar: As much as I would love to post a photo of my three Boxers, I still have not received any information as to how to do that.

So, until I can let you see my dogs, I will just have to give you a verbal description.

Rocketdog is 8 years old now, a little gray in the muzzle. He still loves his walks off leash on my dead end dirt road. Last evening, my gate was open (accidentally) and I got a call from my neighbors who were coming home. Rocket was on the road by himself. It was dark, and I threw on my coat and ran to the road. I couldn't see him, but I called his name. I could barely make out a large shape moving towards me. He was running, which he seldom does, so he must have been anxiously looking for home.

Layla, my reverse brindle puppy, will be 6 months old in 2 days. She is my first puppy of all the 20 or so dogs I have called my own. One would think I might have developed a "puppy mind" so that I wouldn't leave things out that she will destroy and mess up my foyer and garage. But, I haven't. Each day I come home to something new Layla has found attractive and has either eaten or destroyed.

Yesterday, I came home from work exhausted. I am a surgical RN and we have been totally busy with those who want elective surgeries before January 1st because they have met their deductibles with health insurance. That means they can have the cyst taken off their necks or toe nail removed without paying out of pocket.

All I wanted was a glass of wine, and to feed the dogs and relax.

Layla had found a hanging planter that had some sort of shredded organic material that helps keep the plant moist. It was all over the garage, the foyer and the stairs to the second level of my home.

At first, I thought it was horse hair stuffing from one of my many antiques. Although most of my antiques have been recovered and restuffed with foam, I thought perhaps she found one I had missed.

I was happy to discover the source of the mess. I must have said, "Bad Dog!" fifty times as I was cleaning up. I think she got the message, even though it may have been hours after her destruction began.

Shelly is my older female who was surrendered to rescue because, after having several litters, it was discovered she has cardiomyopathy. She is a brindle girl, also 8 years old.

She is a total delight to have in my family. When Layla came to us at 8 weeks, Shelly thought it was her puppy. She allowed Layla to nurse, although she had no milk. She has always been protective of Layla when other dogs are around.

Lately, she had shown she realizes Layla is a threat to her alpha female role in our pack. She is stricter with her about toys and being close to me. She even mounted her once last week.

Layla will be spayed soon. I am thinking before the end of the year. I should call my vet right now. It is in my contract with the breeders to spay Layla. She cannot compete in conformation, but I have already entered her in a show January 2 and 3rd for obedience.

It will be interesting to see which female dominates. I don't expect any major fights. It will be settled peacefully.

Today, Saturday, I am stuck at home. My garage door froze and because I tried to open it, the gears stripped in the garage door opener. My neighbors, whom I affectionately call the Motorheads, are going to fix it later today. I cannot open it. I cannot go to the liquor store or to the hardware store to buy a new garage door opener.

The liquor store is more important.

Love to all of you, and a very Merry Christmas. Diana Lynn of Sunrise River Boxers in Stacy, MN
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Sounds like they keep you on your toes Diana.

Mery Christmas to you all, anne x
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Merry Christmas Diana x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Merry Xmas Diana and thanks for the update on Rocket (Did you get my PM?)
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2008, 10:55 AM
have a great xmas and new year hun, your doglets sound greay. re Photos if you go to www.photobucket.co.uk and make an account you down load your pics in there, you then put mouse over the pic and some boxes show up under neither right click on the last box and copy the click in the box here and right click and paste.

if you want to put pics up in a forum its the same way but to get it up in the box there is a small symbol that looks like mountains you click on that and a box opens at the top of screen you then paste it in there click ok and it will go in the message box for you hun.

hope that helps a bit.

sam and gang xxx
dlboxerdog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Thank you for this photo posting information. I will get right on it. Hugs, diana and dogs