View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
monosyllabic
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-11-2008, 12:24 PM

Anyone going to be watching special needs pets on ch4?

Just saw a clip from this and it looks very interesting.
i copied this from the ch4 website at http://www.channel4.com/culture/micr...ets/index.html
"Britain is a nation of animal lovers. But how far are owners prepared to go when their pets develop special needs?

From parrots on anti-depressants, to paralysed rabbits in wheelchairs, this one-hour film from the Cutting Edge strand follows a number of owners striving to come to terms with their beloved pets' disabilities.

Searching for treatments in a bid to not have them put down, owners often seem prepared to try anything – from false limbs for their Jack Russell to hormone implants for their sexually disturbed birds."
It's on next thursday.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2008, 01:00 PM
think I`ll give it a miss - it sounds like a `lets have a good laugh at the soppy pet owners` sort of prog.
jossrocker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-11-2008, 01:28 PM
I just saw the clip of the rabbit in the wheelchair. bought back sad memories of 'Babe 2 pig in the city' film with the little dog in the wheelchair that made me cry for ages!!! deary me!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Just saw the clip of the rabbit in the wheelchair too... did you notice his back legs being dragged along the floor

Did not like what I saw and an not convinced that was in the best interests of the rabbit....if that represents the programme , dont think I will bother watching it.
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-11-2008, 02:24 PM
I think there is a fine line between helping an animal live with a disability or rehabilitating them, and the quality of life of the animal

In some ways, I'm quite intrigued to see how some animals have learnt to adapt to their disabilities, but I agree that it sounds like another one of those shows geared up to give the public a good laugh at how soft some pet owners are and how much money they're willing to spend to keep their pet.

I don't think I'll be watching it, though - I got a massive box set of Faerie Tale theatre for my birthday, so that will keep my TV busy for weeks!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
think I`ll give it a miss - it sounds like a `lets have a good laugh at the soppy pet owners` sort of prog.
Just what I was thinking....I would do anything for my dogs, (notice I said dogs (Plural) I still have to pinch myself when I look at my lovely Poppy. I think most peeps on here would too.
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2008, 05:33 PM
I will be watching it. I agree about what has been said about the sort of programme it is, but I'll watch anything to do with animals, and esp dogs.
Spookle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-11-2008, 06:49 PM
I will be watching too, i think there is a fine line when it comes to doing everything you can for your pet to give them the best life possible and being selfish and putting them through misery because you dont want them going over rainbow bridge
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2008, 08:19 PM
ill be watching it ,if i remember
lurcher-lass
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Im not sure if i can watch it, ino the animals my not be in pain now but i know they would have been, plus on one of the adverts the dog had back wheels and was lying upside down while his owner was on camera. Not sure if its my type of thing
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >