Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 08:08 PM

Vista vs XP

Any comments would be helpful as I am thinking of sorting a new PC and not sure which way to go with the OS. I know Mac is good but for various reasons I can't go that way.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 09:14 PM
I have XP Professional, my friend has Vista Premium. Personally I much prefer XP, I just find it much easier to navigate, probably because I'm used to it.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 10:43 PM
I now have vista - now I am used to it I prefer it to XP, but it took a while! THe windows format has been almost identical through from '95 and Vista is a BIG change.

Good luck with the hunt
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

17-11-2008, 11:39 PM
I have XP on my Lappy and Vista on my desk top and now that I am getting used to it I much prefer it. (hated it to begin with ) bot now It seems to do things a lot easier and for sometone like me who is a computer numpty it's great.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2008, 07:20 AM
When I got my lappy I thought I had made a huge mistake as it had Vista, but about a week later I couldn't go back Vista was brilliant and now about 4 months later I can hardly use XP it's dreadful !
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2008, 07:49 AM
I found Vista shocking, when I first got over a year ago... Since then it has had several fixes, and now I don't mind it... I still have XP on my laptop, and I still need that, when I want to download E-books to my palm Zire 72... Such a pain..
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Thank you folks, I don't mind a learning curve it will keep me thinking, seems like I should be changing then.

Tell me are they compatible, will work produced on XP work with Vista or more to the point will Vista data be usable in XP?
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2008, 09:17 AM
I didn't like Vista to begin with but once I got rid of Norton and the windows side bar it worked allot better.

work should be compatable, my OH's lappy has xp and he is quite often transfering stuff to the home PC.