Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2008, 01:44 PM

bad back?

hmmmm since my brilliant idea of changing my fish tank round y'day (from gravel to sand) my back is aching - its when i pick something up (not heavy) or sit a funny way etc.....

i have a bad back anyhow since a bad fall off my horse a few years ago - although i didnt break anything i do sufer if i overdo things.....!
im supposed to be in uni tonight - for 3 hours sat ina chair - i dont think its agood idea but dont want tomiss it!!!

does anyone knoe of anything i can take or do tht will help??!
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Do you have a microwaveable wheatbag? My back aches persistently, even when I take my painkillers, so I use a wheatbag at work. It helps ease the muscular pain enough for me to get comfortable. Or if there's any swelling, a cold compress might give you a bit of relief.

I don't know what the chairs at your Uni are like, but if I know have to sit in a chair without some form of lumbar support, I take along a small towel (or my wheatbag again) to roll up and it helps give my back a bit more support.

You can buy things like co-codamol (codeine and paracetamol) over the counter at the pharmacy, or one of those heat "patches" if you don't have a wheat bag. Never tried them myself, but I've heard good things about them. The pharmacist will be able to advise you on what you can buy over the counter as a painkiller.

Hope you feel a bit better soon.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2008, 07:11 AM
thanks sez!!

i ended up going and then coming home early

its not too bad today - but im in work - (thank god not too long!) so i'll have to grin n bear it lol