Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 05:41 PM

1/2 check chains - they work??

bens pal sam hes a strong dog. and so far the halti has been tried. goes ballistic. halter worked for a couple of days.
so thought about the 1/2 choke chain collar. gonna pick one up for him in the morning.
he goes mad and it dont make for a good walk for us when poor tracey is pulled about.
ben still does his best to herd sam away from us so we dont go flying.
hes a lovely dog just strong. i did suggest doggy valium LOL
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Bruce wears a 1/2 Choke. But I can not say it worked when he used to pull. Infact he didn't notice it. The only thing that worked with him was a harness. Fortunately he's stopped pulling now

You'll have to let us know how you get on
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 09:11 PM
well we are willing to try anything. it really ruins a nice walk. ive tried holding him and crikey hes strong.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 10:24 PM
In my experience nothing will stop a dog who has been taught to pull - OK but in his eyes he`s showing you which way to go and trying to get you to keep up!
However, if you combine a half-check or whatever with a zero-tolerance regime - dog pulls, you turn round and walk the other way - then eventually it`ll filter through. It took me a year with the Beagle though. And he pulled on a harness...which is why I was `given` him.