Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2008, 12:13 PM

Which package deal do you suggest?

Okay people short overview.....telephone via BT. Internet BT dial up.....also have a sky dish.

Now thinking of changing to Sky package for tv/broadband.

Reviews/opinions good? bad? Oh no cable in my area so cable is out.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2008, 12:23 PM
have you looked at aol - get a free laptop........
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2008, 12:31 PM
I have sky broadband and it has come on in leaps and bounds. Used to pay nearly £30 a month for BT broadband. Now we pay £5 (the next fastest from the free one) and have no complaints at all. In fact it stops far less than the BT one used to. OH was just saying the other day how good it is.... fast enough for us too, that's with 2 laptops, a pc and Charlie's wii all using it at once.

BT did try and scare us when we left btw. They mentioned Watchdog, that our service would stop as soon as we got the Mac code, etc etc. None of that happened, though they did still continue to collect by direct debit even when we'd left so I would physically cancel that yourself if you are with them.

My phone is still with BT only because my phone bill is less than £12 a month including line rental so no point switching as already get free evening and weekend calls. Don't need free daytime ones, never call anyone anyway.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Thanks seriously considering Sky.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2008, 01:22 PM
sky package here broadband and TV no problems would recommend
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2008, 07:27 PM
sky here too - the broadband, phone and tv - and no problems, odd wee cut out but my laptop is naff and i think thats why...
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2008, 07:26 AM
We are with SKY we have no complaints at all with the service.

You can change over to sky without speaking to anyone from BT request your MAC code from BT via internet (hear)then sign up with SKY via internet pay your cash to SKY if your paying for the service.

Also check to see if your exchange is the faster BT WBC this will help you in decideing what speed to go for search for your exchange hear. If it isn't one yet it will tell you when BT is planning to upgrade it.

Go for SKY you won't regret it