Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 06:33 PM

I'm getting old...

Well folks, I think I finally have to admit that I'm getting old. I've had a bad hip for a couple of months now and it's started disturbing my sleep so thought I better get it checked out.
Went to the doc's tonight and she manipulated it and reckons it's definitely my right hip. I fell down some stairs about 12 years ago and tore the ligaments in my ankle. As I went down on my right side, it's quite possible this links back to that injury.
She's put me on Diclofenac for now and I have to go back in a couple of weeks. If' it's no better, she's going to refer me to the muscular skeletal clinic and get a full assessment done with a view to a stereoid injection or possibly physiotherapy.
I have to avoid climbing stairs, watch how I sit, not cross my legs etc! I feel like a little old woman!
Hopefully the Diclofenac will sort it out though!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Aaaw poor you Jackie, hope you don't have to give up wearing those gorgeous shoes

My friend told me today you know when you are getting old....... when your knees buckle but your belt won't How true!

At the risk of sounding bossy, and I expect your Doc told you anyway, make sure you have something to eat or to line your tum with those Diclofenac. They are inclined to cause tummy probs otherwise.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 06:39 PM
ps, if it is any consolation, I have to have my knee x-rayed tomorrow...........? arthritis
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Aaaw poor you Jackie, hope you don't have to give up wearing those gorgeous shoes

My friend told me today you know when you are getting old....... when your knees buckle but your belt won't How true!

At the risk of sounding bossy, and I expect your Doc told you anyway, make sure you have something to eat or to line your tum with those Diclofenac. They are inclined to cause tummy probs otherwise.
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
ps, if it is any consolation, I have to have my knee x-rayed tomorrow...........? arthritis
I know mate! Lower heels but not giving up completely LOL No problem, I know to take them after food. Thanks for reminding me though. Good luck with your x-ray tomorrow. We're all as bad as each other on here. Where's that Vicki with her dodgy knee too? LOL xx
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 07:09 PM
ouch sounds painful!
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Hopefully the tablets will clear up the problem. I have dodgy knees now and again, oh dear what are we all like. We shall have to start a new forum - we could call it Dodgeys (as in dodgey knee, hip ect) instead of Dogsey!!

You will have to wear your high heels whilst sitting down watching telly!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Awwwwwwwww poor you. I can imagin that it's painful. Take care hun and I hope it is sorted soon xxxxxxxxxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Kicks View Post
ouch sounds painful!
Tis Hazel

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Hopefully the tablets will clear up the problem. I have dodgy knees now and again, oh dear what are we all like. We shall have to start a new forum - we could call it Dodgeys (as in dodgey knee, hip ect) instead of Dogsey!!

You will have to wear your high heels whilst sitting down watching telly!
Thanks Janet. LOL at Dodgeys! We're a mess, the lot of us

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Awwwwwwwww poor you. I can imagin that it's painful. Take care hun and I hope it is sorted soon xxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Steph, I hope so too!xx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 07:45 PM
poor you. Hope the tablets do the trick *hugs*
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Sorry to hear this J. There's a few of us that are falling apart at the moment, eh hon?

You're in good company

x0x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >