Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scruffydog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-09-2008, 12:09 AM

Poppy has a poor paw

Poppy started to limp on her front leg on tuesday evening and by the morning she wasnt walking on it at all and kept licking it.
i tried to have a look at it but couldnt find anything apart from it being red and sore.
it was really hurting her as she kept yelping and trying to bite me (which is not like her) when i was looking at it.
her Mummys friend took her to the vets today, but they couldnt find anything, they said it was swollen and sore but didnt know why.
she was given a couple of injections and sent home with tabs that she starts tomorow.
she is going back tomorow and vet said if its no better then i mustnt feed her after 8 weds night and they will do an x-ray or something.
she did seem to get better but is now starting to limp again.
poor thing she is not exactly the steadiest dog on 4 legs let alone 3.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2008, 12:26 PM
what a shame,
hope she gets sorted out soon, are they sure its not a grass seed that might have got under the skin?

this is quite common at this time of year.

hope she feels better
scruffydog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
what a shame,
hope she gets sorted out soon, are they sure its not a grass seed that might have got under the skin?

this is quite common at this time of year.

hope she feels better
yeah thats what i think it may be, as i am always pulling them out of her hair.
she went to the vets agian this morning and they found a little hole which was a bit pussie so they cleaned it up and she has some meds to help.
she had a good day today as she went to see her mum (owner)who she hasnt seen for a month, so she was spoiled rotten and fed loads.
just hope she doesnt end up fat again when her owner is well enough to have her back.