Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 10:44 PM

Noooooooo its happening too soon!!!!

The bitch Im having the pup from is in season now! She was due in October! I had planned on looking into stud dogs in the coming weeks, looks like Im panicking now!!!
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 11:34 PM
better get your skates on.....

Bianca my newf is due in season in july its not happened and as i mix with lots of male newfs i have to be on the ball as i don't want baby newfs all over the place. Keep us on are toes don't they. Went away this weekend with the newf water rescue group and no one paid her any attention so looks like it might be a while. Jess is due sept. so could have 2 tempermental females on my hand in one month..

Good luck with the search...
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2008, 06:32 AM
Clear blue ocean, clear blue ocean, clear blue ocean......

Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2008, 08:38 AM
rather than rushing it would it not be better to wait until her next season
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
The bitch Im having the pup from is in season now! She was due in October! I had planned on looking into stud dogs in the coming weeks, looks like Im panicking now!!!
Hi Dawn

Being nosey:
Is the bitch yours then if you are seeking out suitable boys?...am a bit confused by the above (sorry) as I thought you said (maybe wrong) that you would be getting a pup as a foundation bitch (not breeding one LOL).....or have you been tasked with the hunt for a stud....

Mary
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by Paddywack View Post
rather than rushing it would it not be better to wait until her next season
Doesnt really matter, the only reason I say panick is because we were planning on looking at a few dogs at the show tomorrow, of which we havent seen before but were interested in. We have the pedigrees though.

Originally Posted by MaryS View Post
Hi Dawn

Being nosey:
Is the bitch yours then if you are seeking out suitable boys?...am a bit confused by the above (sorry) as I thought you said (maybe wrong) that you would be getting a pup as a foundation bitch (not breeding one LOL).....or have you been tasked with the hunt for a stud....
Mary
Im good at confusing people! I am choosing the stud dog with the owner and having pick of the litter, in return they will have one back from me in time. This will be an outcross, as the other bitch they have is closely line bred (from the first litter) so it will bring some diversity to the breeding.

Originally Posted by shiba View Post
better get your skates on.....

Bianca my newf is due in season in july its not happened and as i mix with lots of male newfs i have to be on the ball as i don't want baby newfs all over the place. Keep us on are toes don't they. Went away this weekend with the newf water rescue group and no one paid her any attention so looks like it might be a while. Jess is due sept. so could have 2 tempermental females on my hand in one month..

Good luck with the search...
You could indeed, very best of luck to you!

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Clear blue ocean, clear blue ocean, clear blue ocean......

Deep breathes......
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2008, 09:15 AM
This is why i'm going to see the parents of my prospective pup asap, just incase, it's just my luck she'd come in early before i'd visited anyone (or late)!

Will she be mated on this season then Dawn or next?
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2008, 09:16 AM
All perfectly clear now, unusual arrangement though, yes? Best of luck on the hunt, lets hope the chosen one is not going on holiday!

Mary
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
This is why i'm going to see the parents of my prospective pup asap, just incase, it's just my luck she'd come in early before i'd visited anyone (or late)!

Will she be mated on this season then Dawn or next?
LOL! You'll be fine, and its a new breed to you, you are well in control!

She will be swabbed today as its thought she is further into her season than first thought, she has "clear" seasons and they usually look after their sons Staff during the week who would of indicated she was in season, however he is on his holidays and has been for almost 2 weeks! Just have to see, I dont mind either way.

Originally Posted by MaryS View Post
All perfectly clear now, unusual arrangement though, yes? Best of luck on the hunt, lets hope the chosen one is not going on holiday!

Mary
Possibly unusual, but they are very good friends and I handle their other bitch for them and own her litter brother, its an ideal opportunity for me to get a foundation bitch after 20yrs of exhibiting!

Thanks Mary.