Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-07-2008, 09:25 PM

The Golf Open & no where to walk

I live in Southport, and The Open starts on Thursday. It's not the competition itself I have an issue with, it's the parking! Every green space in the area is being used as a park and ride, and we're having to take the dogs on a 15 min car journey just for their daily walk.

It's so frustrating. A friend of mine took her dog to the park we walk in every day, and was asked for ID. She was then asked to leave as locals aren't being allowed onto the park. It's not even that big, it won't hold many cars! Even the tiny sports fields are being used, and they'll all be muddy and horrible once they do re-open. We thought we'd take them down to the beach, but it's being used as a helicopter landing site

Just a bit of a moan, that and the traffic, I can't wait for it to be over, so I can walk my dogs again!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2008, 06:55 AM
Urrgh, I wouldn't be happy about that either.

Next time you'll have to consider renting your place out for the weekend to someone wanting to go to the golf and then take the dogs away for a long weekend somewhere else.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Urrgh, I wouldn't be happy about that either.

Next time you'll have to consider renting your place out for the weekend to someone wanting to go to the golf and then take the dogs away for a long weekend somewhere else.
Great Idea..........
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by AliceandDogs View Post
I live in Southport, and The Open starts on Thursday. It's not the competition itself I have an issue with, it's the parking! Every green space in the area is being used as a park and ride, and we're having to take the dogs on a 15 min car journey just for their daily walk.

It's so frustrating. A friend of mine took her dog to the park we walk in every day, and was asked for ID. She was then asked to leave as locals aren't being allowed onto the park. It's not even that big, it won't hold many cars! Even the tiny sports fields are being used, and they'll all be muddy and horrible once they do re-open. We thought we'd take them down to the beach, but it's being used as a helicopter landing site

Just a bit of a moan, that and the traffic, I can't wait for it to be over, so I can walk my dogs again!
i just had to contend with the european open at the london golf club and the traffic was a pain in the backside for me luckily they dont last that long