Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 09:02 AM

Deep breath....Icon update

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted recently because I just couldn't bring myself to. Icon has been so so depressed lately, and just completely flips out when he's left alone, even for 5 mins. So I made the choice that he was to go to dog creche again during the days I was working. However, my dog creche guy told me last week after having agreed to have my boy every Mon-Tues Thur-Fri, that he was stopping running the dog creche, but would have Icon for me for the next fortnight whilst I figured what to do.

Keeping him in a kennel, is not an option - he gets so so so distressed, and chews his own paws, same if I was to leave him in a room on this own. So I made the gut wrenching choice to re home him, a couple wanted him, but refused to meet me or tell me where he was going to - obviously a no! Then I met a woman, who is lovely absolutely lovely and lives round the corner from my parents, who is more than happy for me to still see him (once he has settled of course!) and for me to walk him etc if I'm missing him. She's home full time, is a mum of two kids and is training to be a vet.....can't ask for a better home. She's moving house in 2 weeks time, and so my dog sitter was supposed to have him until then. I got a phone call late last night asking me to have him back in the morning (ie now!) as he's ripped up his skirting boards, and chewed his door - I pointed out that he'd obviously been left alone un crated in order to do this, and I've got a feeling my dog sitter might have lost his temper with him which has made him worse. I just cannot believe my beautiful baby boy has become this way. He's obviously distressed, but if I take him back for 2 weeks its going to mess his head up even more as he's still going to be on his own for at least 10 hours a day! I hate the fact that this is happening, but I've shed my tears, and realised I now need to do what is right for him, not me.

Tracey still wants Icon even though she knows he's destructive etc etc, so I'm hoping that Many Tears will be able to find me a fosterer for 2 weeks, until Tracey can have him....she sounds perfect for him, and selfishly for me!

I don't want him to have to go into the kennels for 2 weeks, it will distress him so so much.

I hope none of you judge me, I'm trying to do whats right for him, no matter how much my heart is breaking. You all know how much I love him. I'm sorry.

L.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 09:16 AM
I dont think anyone will judge you for making a v difficult decision
I am really sorry that it has come to this but it does sound like the best solution for both of you
I hope you can find something for the next 2 weeks - if not I doubt it will mess with his head being with you - he will still think he is your dog just now
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Awe Lorna, my heart goes out to you hun, I know how i felt when I rehomed Woodty even though it was the right thing to do, We go see him every couple of weeks and he loves his new home,they give him the attention I couldnt.
Hope Icon settes well in his new home.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Oh Lorna, I have tears running down my face and a huge lump in my throat.
Everyone knows what you have gone through and how hard you have tried with him and how much you love him.

I wish you luck.

((Hugs)) to you and to Icon.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 09:44 AM
so so sad for you, it must be heart breaking, at least re homing Icon you are satisfying his needs, it is great you are able to do that, hope he gets settled soon, all the best xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Hi Lorna the person you have found to take Icon sounds ideal
I don't think anyone here will judge you .Sometimes the circumstances that surround our lives change (as yours have done) and we are forced to make painful decisions as you are doing know.
It can clearly be seen from your posts how much you love Icon and how distressing it must be for you to make this decision. xx
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 09:46 AM
((((hugs)))) to you lorna

my heart is breaking right now too over my baby, so i know how you feeel.

xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 09:48 AM
I think this is the bravest decision you could have made. Icon will have new home and the company he obviously craves. My heart goes out to you as I know how much he means to you. You have been through so much over the last couple of years and this just all seems so unfair.I'm sending you some hugs from me and Fudge.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 09:49 AM
I don't think anyone would judge you hun, your obviously doing what is right for Icon, so sorry it came to this though. Hope you get sorted for the next 2 weeks, fingers xxxxxxxxxxxx
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Lorna
Courageous and sensible outcome. I hope he settles and it gives you the space you need in your life until circumstances allow you to have a dog once again.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »