Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 07:10 PM

Freedom project - 3 days to go

I spoke to Sam yesterday and she told me our foster dog will be arriving on Tuesday between 11 and 12. They're bringing me a long line so I can leave her out in the garden with Bryan (she jumps fences apparently) and a crate for her to go in when we go out.

I ordered a large Kong yesterday from Doggie Solutions and it arrived today! I was really impressed with how fast it arrived. I also got an Air Kong rugby ball because she likes squeaky toys. I don't have any squeakers because Bryan bites the squeak out within about 10 minutes. But this one should be safe as the whole thing is enclosed in tennis ball fur. Bryan's had a great time today 'killing' it.

We've worked out our strategy for introducing the dogs. I'm going to go to our field and let Bryan off his lead, then Louise is going to bring the other dog to him. We'll take them for a walk, then bring them back to the house. OH is on nights but I guess he'll be up early that day!

The only thing I'm worried about is other people's reactions to her because she's a staffy cross. I've already had two 'looks' from dog walking friends when I've told them what type of dog she is. I'm not worried about her - I think staffies are great and I trust Dog's Trust to home a suitable dog with me.

I can't wait for her to arrive, I really hope she gets on with Bryan. I'm going to ask on Tuesday if I can post photos of her as I'm not sure about the confidentiality issues (that's why I've not mentioned her name yet).
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 07:28 PM
hope Bryan takes to her and all goes well.. would love to see her picture if you're allowed to post it!
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-05-2008, 08:12 PM
What a great thing to do - I read about that, look forward to hearing how you get on.xx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Great News Sarah, Hope all goes well on Tuesday and don't worry about the staffy cross if she's anything like mine the amazing temperament wins hearts of even the most "stupid" people
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-05-2008, 08:21 PM
So the big day is nearly here, hope it goes well. It can be dodgy introducing a new dog but I'm sure you'll be fine, I hope so anyway.