Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 12:48 PM

How do you all prepare for a big show like Crufts

What the title say's,Do you do anything in particular,bathing, grooming etc?
Sal
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 12:51 PM
hide in my bed
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Ours get a brush but the main preparation in agility is working on exercises/courses that you think are likely to come up, and in flyball working on cross overs with the team dogs. I did handling a couple of years ago with a friends dog, to prepare him for that he was bathed and brushed... One of the main things we do (as a club) is to take the dogs to the train station (very bizarre I know) and walk them through the crowds to get them used to it. I also let my dogs watch themselves on TV, as when they're in the ring they're quite often up on the big screen and a friends dog freaked when he saw himself staring at him!!!!

Other than a few extra sessions (for my nerves!) we try to treat it the same as any other show, keeping to the same routine etc. before going into the ring - after all thats what got us there!!!

H xx
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Will those of us unfortunate enough not to be there be able to see any of you on TV, and if so, when should I tune it?

Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by Bodhi
Will those of us unfortunate enough not to be there be able to see any of you on TV, and if so, when should I tune it?

Its just pot luck really...just have to keep an eye out.Otherwise the only 'sure' way of boing seen on the tv coverage is to win best of breed...IN MY DREAMS!!!!!
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Preperation for Crufts......
a bath 5-7 days in advance.
a really good groom through
and thats about it!!!
EASY Lol
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 01:37 PM
My preperation. Get up, fill bag with food, grab dog and leave!! Will take me all of 20 mins to get there.
Dawn.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
My preperation. Get up, fill bag with food, grab dog and leave!! Will take me all of 20 mins to get there.
Dawn.
now I am jelous! it usually takes us about 4 hours the night before - driving down on the mornings a nightmare!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 07:39 PM
There is more preparation in getting the motorhome ready, making sure I have enough Sterling, all the paperwork, clothes and food and get to the ferry on time!
This will be my first time coming over from Ireland so I am setting off Thursday night to be close by Friday lunchtime, showing Saturday, ferry back Sunday afternoon.
The dogs will get a bath a couple of days before although Deccy got in the stables today and had a good roll in the wet stuff nails need to be done but as I show most weekends, nothing too much different - just the sheer stress of the journey!
I just hope I remember to pack everything. I will make a start tomorrow on loading stuff up, or at least making lists, can't do too much as I have an OPen show on Sunday - will take the truck to make sure everything is working, as I haven't used it since last September........
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by KickstartKelpies
now I am jelous! it usually takes us about 4 hours the night before - driving down on the mornings a nightmare!

I thought the 5 hrs it was going to take us was bad enough, but my friend will have to leave at 3am in order to get her terrier to judging in time for 8:30
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >