Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 08:50 PM

Both girls are booked in....

to be spayed on the same day...eeeeeek

Im really nervous, Flower was booked in for January but came i to season at xmas, so had to wait until 8 weeks after she had finished, and Willow will be done at 7 months..!!! I hope Im doing the right thing. I have managed to get them in at easter, so I have a week off work (timed it so my 2 days off are just after the bank hols!!...) But I am soo nervous...I will be on here all day trying to take my mind off them......

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 09:09 PM
They will be in and out before you know it ,
When I had Lady spayed she went in at 9 oclock that morning and was home again at 4 oclock , Though I must admit I was at a total loss as to what to do with myself , Poor Juke and Skye legs were walked off them , xxdk
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2008, 09:16 PM
They will be ok, just spend the day here to keep your mind off things. I had Star and Jake done on the same day, when we went to pick them up the vet said he is not having two dogs from the same family in at the same time again, aparantly they were sods, and when they were brought down stairs to get ready for us picking them up they dragged the vet down the stairs.
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2008, 09:19 PM
my two girlies were done on the same day too

Nothing any of us can say will reassure you until you are all at home safe and sound so i wont even go there

it does help to know they are there together although like you i have two different breeds and there was some confustion when they were being refered to as sisters!!!!!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 09:31 PM
They'll be fine and in and out before you know it,just try and keep yourself occupied and I'm sure we'll all be here to keep you company,xxxxxxxxxxx
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 09:54 PM
It will be fine but it doesn't stop you worrying xx
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 08:09 AM
Thanks everyone... I always know you will all make me feel better and put my mind at ease. Im sure they wil be fine, I know it needs doing for the very best!! It will be interesting to see how there behaviour differs...if it does?? xxx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 08:43 AM
They will be absolutely fine don't worry.:smt002

When we had Brandy done I spent all morning worrying about her and the vet was like "she may need lifted to the car as she will be drowsy etc" - the devil came out like a freight train and tried to jump into the car!

Needless to say I worried for nothing!
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 09:08 AM
They will be fine, don't you worry. Even if you do panic during the day, the vet is only a phone call away and I'm sure they'll be happy to give you a progress report. Perhaps take the opportunity to buster collar proof the house because no doubt they will come home looking like a pair of uplighters.

Big hugs. We'll keep you company on here.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Aww bless you! it's only natural to be worried but it's totally worthwhile as neither of them will be breeding bitches. At least they are being done on the same day so hopefully you won't have one charging around while the other wants to rest! and that you will have a week off with them afterwards.

Let the housework pile up and do it all on the day they are in to keep your mind busy - also gives you a good excuse not to do any for the timebeing

If we have two dogs come in together, who get on really well, we often put them both into the same kennel before the op as it seems to calm them down slightly being together and calm their nerves. Obviously if you have two who are going to throw each other round the kennel and play fight the whole time then we generally don't due to the risk of injury, but after their pre-med most tend to settle down to sleep - maybe mention it to them and see what they say? Depending on how they are after their op we sometimes put them together once they have recovered enough from their anaesthetic - IF they are calm enough again, and it's a big IF lol.

The vets should call you when the girls have recovered from their anaesthetic, or they may give you a time to call for an update. It depends on the practice.

The incision is often no bigger than 2 inches long, sometimes as small as 1 inch depending on the vet, and once healed you shouldn't notice it at all.

Good luck to both the girlies xxxx Max sends them both big kisses xxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >