Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 05:41 PM

Ladies only

Just a question for all you girls out there

Im abit concerned as I have what seems, started my period only 16days after the start of my last period

My cycle can differ slighty but usually by a matter of days, didnt no what this may mean or if its normal for this to happen, didnt really want to go to the docs unless really needed as its almost impossible to see one, when I phone my docs I have to tell the receptionsist whats wronge so I can speak to a doc, thats before I even get an appointment

Any advice much appreciated
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 05:49 PM
I am older than you (unfortunately )36

But it does happen to me all the time and has done for several years.

In sept it went the other way as i never had one for 4 months, even hubby was getting concerned as he had had the chop years ago.

Went to docs but they were not worried at all.

Not sure if same advice would apply to you, as i don't know any history, but thats what happened to me.

I think i am on the change all be it very early as i can't ever remember being regular.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 05:57 PM
First of all..you DON'T need to tell the receptionists ANYTHING!! I get that with my docs all the time...I just politely tell them I would like an appointment or would like to speak to a doctor..and if they still ask..I then ask them when they did their doctor training?? They soon shut up and pass you through
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 06:10 PM
mine was a week late last month (i crapped myself ) - when it did happen it was light,, very strange

i was on the pill until not so long ago - made me ill so i had to come off it..

mabey try going on the pill? then they will definately be regular then

as for the receptionist - tell em to bu**er off lol n mind their own businesss...
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
mine was a week late last month (i crapped myself ) - when it did happen it was light,, very strange

i was on the pill until not so long ago - made me ill so i had to come off it..

mabey try going on the pill? then they will definately be regular then

as for the receptionist - tell em to bu**er off lol n mind their own businesss...
LOL

I came off the pill 6months ago as I was bleeding left right and centre, it was driving me nuts

Since then my periods have been as regular as clockwork, a day or so between difference if any, and the last exactly the same length of time, god at times I hate being a woman
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Theres always the nhs direct, you still get to talk to a dr without seeing them.
If its not your normal pattern, it might be wise to have a word.
Flynn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Before i was on (the evil!) pill i sometimes had irregular periods due to stress. Have you had any stressful situations lately?
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 10:10 PM
I agree with others, the Resceptionsist has no right to know anything, they only ask for order of importance, but even so, are they going to find you a miraculous convenient appointment ? NO, so tell them to mind their own !

I would call NHS direct a call and ask them, although if you aren't in any pain etc it could be nothing.

I would have it checked out though. I've had the same several times and it was not something to brush aside, you can never be too careful with 'womens' health