Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 05:10 PM

help - how can i find out cases listed at magistrates

son (that i have as little as possible to deal with) texted me and told me he is in court at the end of the month. wont tell me unless i ask him what for - tried getting his dad to find out for me as dont want to talk to him (son).

how can i find out what he is being prosecuted for??

by the way son is only 17.5years old.

thanks

sue
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 05:11 PM
sorry about spelling in title

sue
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-01-2008, 06:46 PM
It upto him, the court can't tell you the offence or his sol's.
Is this the one that was drive driving / no insurance?
Has he got legal aid for his case? it will be heard at portsmouth mags, to old for youth and offence.
I think your gonna have to ask him, even if you called the court and asked them to check their listings, they shouldn't really tell you.
If it is the same one, the offence will be driving under the influence, they will just add to it that he has no insurance etc.
The drink drive element is the more serious charge so it is likely the cps will go with that.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 06:48 PM
I thought court cases were all done in public?
Becky
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-01-2008, 06:50 PM
In the mags you can go into the court room, in the public gallery and hear it all, but you need to know the date, time,court to attended.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 07:15 PM
I meant I thought they were all public record so anyone can find out?
Becky
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Here is the link for the daily lists for Portsmouth and some contact numbers that might help..........

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/o...portsmouth.htm

It would mean checking early in the morning every day but you would find out the details.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Here is the link for the daily lists for Portsmouth and some contact numbers that might help..........

It would mean checking early in the morning every day but you would find out the details.
I saw that but didn't post as it was only the Crown Court lists, not the magistrates court.
Sue, are you sure it's at the magistrates? coz depending on what it's for could it be at the Crown court?
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-01-2008, 08:05 PM
You also have to bear in mind, some cases start in mags and get sent to crown.
You can check the daily listings, but it's if you catch the date in time.
Also again depending on the offence it may not even go to trial, it might get discontinued.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
I saw that but didn't post as it was only the Crown Court lists, not the magistrates court.
Sue, are you sure it's at the magistrates? coz depending on what it's for could it be at the Crown court?
have checked it is at magistrates court in bournemouth cos that is where he lives - sometimes wish he lived further away

Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post

thanks but is at bournemouth. have got the number for the court which i will try again on monday

ta will look for bournemouth listings

Originally Posted by leo View Post
It upto him, the court can't tell you the offence or his sol's.
Is this the one that was drive driving / no insurance?
Has he got legal aid for his case? it will be heard at portsmouth mags, to old for youth and offence.
I think your gonna have to ask him, even if you called the court and asked them to check their listings, they shouldn't really tell you.
If it is the same one, the offence will be driving under the influence, they will just add to it that he has no insurance etc.
The drink drive element is the more serious charge so it is likely the cps will go with that.
dont know if its that as i know he is being done for no tv licence and sky are taking him to court for money he owes them. also think landlord is taking him to court for possession. not going to ask him though as i am angry with him about something i think he stole last time he came to our home.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >