Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 06:57 PM

Georgie going for blood test tomorrow

Well, he's finally well enough to get his blood test done for under/overactive thyroid, and hopefully it might throw up some light on his skin problems/ear problems/lethargy etc. etc. He's been on ab's for yet another 3 weeks because she wanted him as fit and well as possible otherwise the test doesn't give a true reading.

This time though, they won't be keeping him for 8 hours like they did last time and I got him back all sore and stinky! God knows what they did with him, they obviously threw him in a cage and forgot him for the rest of the day, and I made my displeasure very clear to the vet, so hopefully, they will take extra special care of him tomorrow now!!! I will tell them, they can only have him for one hour max this time!!!!

I will let you know the results as and when, but let's hope it's a good result either way! I don't know what that means, but quite honestly, I'm hoping for a positive on an under active or over active really!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Aww, big hugs to Georgie, hope all goes well tomorrow and fingers crossed that the results throw some light on his problems
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Hope it all goes well for Georgie tomorrow.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well, he's finally well enough to get his blood test done for under/overactive thyroid, and hopefully it might throw up some light on his skin problems/ear problems/lethargy etc. etc. He's been on ab's for yet another 3 weeks because she wanted him as fit and well as possible otherwise the test doesn't give a true reading.

This time though, they won't be keeping him for 8 hours like they did last time and I got him back all sore and stinky! God knows what they did with him, they obviously threw him in a cage and forgot him for the rest of the day, and I made my displeasure very clear to the vet, so hopefully, they will take extra special care of him tomorrow now!!! I will tell them, they can only have him for one hour max this time!!!!

I will let you know the results as and when, but let's hope it's a good result either way! I don't know what that means, but quite honestly, I'm hoping for a positive on an under active or over active really!
I hope all goes well for Georgie tomorrow H ,Fingers crossed ,
When i took Lady to be tested i had her back straight away , I waited with her while my vet took the bloods and checked her over i got the results back in a couple of days xxdk
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks Katie, Christine, and Jackie

Yes, I specifically asked them over the phone whether I could wait for him and they said yes, coz of course I'm very reluctant to leave him with them for very long after the last episode with his ear cleaning

Poor little man, he can't have his bedtime snack tonight coz he's got to be starved from 8pm. He'll think I've forgotten them won't he when he doesn't get his gravy bones tonight I hope he forgives me
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Every time Roxy has a blood test, I'm right there in the room with her. Why do you have to leave him there Aitch? Can't you stay with him? It only takes a couple of minutes to take blood .....
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Oops - sorry, not paying attention
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Hope all goes well at the vets tomorrow.
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Good luck tomorrow, i'm sure he'll enjoy his gravy bones when he gets home.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 07:47 PM
awww good luck tomorrow georgie, big hugs and snuffles from All of us xx
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »