Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 08:54 PM

Chicken run who's watching?

And has it changed youre mind bout eating intensively housed and reared chickens?

I'm watching and i'l never buy another tesco un free range bird again, i don't shop at asda or any where else so it don't matter its on at 9 pm on channel 4 good ole hugh.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 08:57 PM
We've been watching and I must say I really think I'll only be buying free range...... like the eggs I already get...... and I even know how those chickens are treated it's just never been shown so effectively before.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Yes I've made the decision not to eat anything that isn't free range even though I don't have a lot of money. I'm just going to cut everything in half and eat less, will do my waistline good as well!
Becky
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 09:13 PM
me too - tonight especially made me quite upset watching they way they were killed knowing how they lived ;(

we would have an uproar if dogs were treated like this, but because its chickens nobody bothers. I am ONLY buying free range and i am going to farm shops to buy it that way i can guarantee that its had a good life.

very sad. it almost makes me want to be veggie again.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Im watching.I did agree with Hugh that people should be aware of where their meat comes from,but also how its slaughtered.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Yes I've made the decision not to eat anything that isn't free range even though I don't have a lot of money. I'm just going to cut everything in half and eat less, will do my waistline good as well!
Becky
I must say I was impressed last night when he made a whole new meal from the carcass, I remember my Nan making things stretch like that, something we just don't do so much anymore.

... and it was a visit to a chicken factory with my Uncle (who collected the innerds for pet food products) that turned me veggie when I was 13. However, I now eat most meat as I do realise the animals wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for my tum.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Most animals wouldn't exsist if it wasn't for humans to eat them, I admit i've bought tesco birds before but no never again, the supermarket giants have a lot to be sorry for, how do farmers that treat these birds that way have a heart to go to work each day is beyond me? I couldn't do it, if we all bought free range life for millions of animals would change big style and it could only be for the better, back chicken out xx
Toni xx
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-01-2008, 10:13 PM
How many of us animal lovers have been following the Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall campaign for free range chickens on the Channel 4 programme?

I must admit, I have been disgusted for a long time at the condition mass produced chickens are kept in, and this excellent mini series only highlighted the miserable life these poor birds experience due to the uneducated British public.

I wish everybody would purchase free range birds and shut down the mass producers.
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Sorry, made a thread elsewhere. Please ignore
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Sorry, made a thread elsewhere. Please ignore
Aye we all have these days xx