Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 10:01 PM

Have to tell you this story...

My best mate that I worked with at the NHS is absolutely fab and a really clever girl. She's a data analyst/project manager for the NHS and really knows her stuff when it comes to work.
Outside of work however is a completely different kettle of fish. She's as scatty as they come and if it can happen to anyone it will happen to her. It doesn't help that she's about 5 feet tall either. If she can fall over it, bump into it, smash it or injure herself on it in anyway, it'll happen.
We met up tonight after work for a curry and had a lovely happy hour meal. She dropped me off at home and said she was heading home to put together some bedroom furniture that she'd had delivered over Christmas and was still in boxes.
Now bear in mind, she lives in a little old cottage in a village on the moors out in the middle of nowhere. She just phoned me to tell me that she'd been trying to move her wardrobe out into the hallway to get the new furniture in and had gotten it stuck in the doorway. Wardrobe is currently stuck because the carpet has rolled up underneath it. My mate is currently stuck in her bedroom with no way out. Windows too small and wardrobe won't budge. Don't know how long she's been stuck in there cause knowing her she's been pretending it isn't happening for ages LOL
She's refusing to call anyone for help as she doesn't want to show herself up and said if worse comes to worse, she'll have to start taking the wardrobe apart in the doorway. Now by this time, I'm in tears and clutching my stomach laughing at her! The harder I laugh, the stroppier she gets. I was laughing so hard Cassie came downstairs from bed to see what was going on.
The icing on the cake was the fact that she's desperate for the loo, bedroom windows too high to hang her bum out (plus would traumatise the village) and she has no bucket or anything in there with her.
Last thing I said to her, was that she better start unscrewing that wardrobe before she wets herself!!!
God love her
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Bless. Some people are like that, aren't they? Total whizzes at work, but dingbats at home.....

Sounds like my sister, who has a great business head on her shoulders, but can't record anything off the telly - and she has Sky+
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 10:06 PM
That sounds just like something I'd do.
When my Auntie was moving she managed to do the same thing her and Grandson stuck in the bedroom for 3 hours before the days of mobile phones.
We went down to help move some stuff in the car and couldnt do it for laughing at them. We had to take the wardrobe aparts
My auntie died in 2006 and I'd forgot all about this thanks for putting a smile on my face
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Poor women, i have to say i'ld of been crying with laughter.
I bet it comes apart faster than it went together, update us in the morning.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Bless. Some people are like that, aren't they? Total whizzes at work, but dingbats at home.....

Sounds like my sister, who has a great business head on her shoulders, but can't record anything off the telly - and she has Sky+
Yep, that's what she's like too! A constant source of p**s taking! The first thing I said was 'I wonder how fast I can pass the story around the NHS before she escapes' LOL
She came out her front door one day and fell over a lamb that was lying on her front step (from the farm next door)
She's just texted though and she managed to get out before there was a puddle on the floor LOL
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 10:12 PM
That sounds just like something i would do. Very funny though!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
That sounds just like something I'd do.
When my Auntie was moving she managed to do the same thing her and Grandson stuck in the bedroom for 3 hours before the days of mobile phones.
We went down to help move some stuff in the car and couldnt do it for laughing at them. We had to take the wardrobe aparts
My auntie died in 2006 and I'd forgot all about this thanks for putting a smile on my face
Awww...I'm glad I brought back a nice memory for you!

Originally Posted by leo View Post
Poor women, i have to say i'ld of been crying with laughter.
I bet it comes apart faster than it went together, update us in the morning.
My stomach is still aching thinking of it. She's just managed to get out now.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-01-2008, 10:15 PM
- the puddle, you do know your'll burst out when you see her, then everyone will want to know why.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
That sounds just like something i would do. Very funny though!
Originally Posted by leo View Post
- the puddle, you do know your'll burst out when you see her, then everyone will want to know why.
Thing is, she does so many things like this that no one is surprised anymore, very amused but not surprised. Just wait til everyone hears tomorrow!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-01-2008, 10:20 PM
You won't be able to tell the story from laughing.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >