View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Aaron
New Member!
Male 

20-12-2007, 04:44 PM

What Time Of Day Do You Feed/Exersize your Dog(s) ??

Also, What Does Your Dog(s) Eat Per Day ??

With Esa, I currently operate a daily routine of..

8-9am Morning Walk (at least an hour, nothing strenuous)

12-1pm Brief Mid-day Walk.. as soon as we are back I begin preparing Esa's daily meal, I feed her cooked red meat (approx 1kg) the brand is Forthglade, I mix this with a cereal/mixer

between 6-7pm A Brief Evening Walk.

When I give Esa a knackering work out I will turn our 12-1 walk into a longer "work session" in the garden where I will give her a little mental stimulation and play with her and her toys.

Do you think I am feeding & exersizing Esa at the right times, some people have said I should feed her more towards the evening time, would you agree wiht this ? should i be giving her an extra meal per day ? I feel like I should but have always heard an adult dog should have just the one meal per day ?? do you have a daily routine ?

Cheers Everyone
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Whether you feed once or twice a day for an adult dog, is a personal choice, everyone does different.

For an adult dog, feeding once a day is fine. Can I just ask why you cook the meat for your dog ? Cooking removes most nutrients in meat for dogs, and cereal has little or no nutritional value anyway, so feeding your dogs meat in a raw state with a balanced mixer would do him much better and he will get the vitamins etc that he needs.

As for exercising, again everyone has different times, because of work committments etc, so each will be different.

My dogs are walked at between 8.00 - 9.30am (depending if they are up !), again between 1.00-3.00pm followed by a smallish dinner, then again for a brief walk at tea time followed by their main meal an hour after, and their last walk at around 10-11pm when it's nice and cool/cold.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 05:44 PM
crikey you folks are good 3 walks a day mine get 1

fed when i get up between 7-10 ( weekends ) and again at 5 .............busy house here kids job and housework LOL
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post

fed when i get up between 7-10 ( weekends ) and again at 5 .............busy house here kids job and housework LOL
Yep 3 kids, Job and housework here too
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 08:30 PM
I have a routine ( you better believe it..) Im up at 6.15, they are walked at 7am on the riverbank before work (the OH works from home) then fed at 7.30am Then Im back at half 5, its then they have there tea. The OH walks them in the afternoon, I take Flower out on an evening most nights...but not every night because sometimes Im just too tired!!!

If the OH is out at work, I have a dog walker in the day, and I come home at 2pm to let them out... xxxx
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post

Dont worry, mine get one sometimes 2.

They get a slice of toast when they get up about 6ish,
They have their morning meal and 8.30-9ish
They have a morning run about 9.30-10-30ish, that is about 1hr-1hr.30mins.
They sometimes have a quick run about 2.30ish but thats not always dependent on how long their morning walk was.
Evening meal is between 4.30-5.30ish.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Breakfast at 8am
Walkies 9am-11am(ish, sometimes we don't get back 'til after 11:30am).

They usually have a snack around 1pm, a pigs ear or a chew or kong or somethimg.

Dinner at 4:30pm/6:30pm dpepnding on season...

Walkies 5pm-6pm but this walk often varies, earlier in late winter (around 4pmish) then dinner changes from 4:30 to around 6:30pm and the walk is later in summer with an earlier dinner but also depending what I have on in the evening too.

Randomly they will also go out any time around 2pm-3pm for as long as I have depending on how much work I need to do e.t.c. Some days they will and some they won't, it just depends.

My lot are on Chappie as it is the only thing that is readily available that agrees with them all. They used to be on Nature Diet but my supplier quit business so if I find a new one i'd prefer them on that but at the moment I don't drive as i'm useless, nor do I have anywhere to store a months' worth of food at the moment.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Yep 3 kids, Job and housework here too
people say i do too much house work and work i guess that confirmed it then LOL

no way can i find time to walk 4 times a day so well done to ya
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-12-2007, 09:45 PM
As a personal preference I don't like to feed once a day, I look at it this way, I would not like to go 23 3/4 hrs a day with out any food, also I feel it does not do a dogs digestive system any good to only be feed once a day, to much food at once .

My dogs routine, is 7/30 to 8 am breakfast...... 9.30 early morning walk,( this is their off lead walk) usually 40mins/1hr ......... 4/4.30 tea time........ then Millie will get a walk (by my hubby) around 6pm.

Then they will have their supper before bed...i.e a biscuit .

All this is divided in their daily allowance of food.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Shady walked 6.30 am
Breakfast 8.30 Chappie and mixer

Walked again 10.30
Lunch 12.30 Chappie

Winter game in garden pm Summer another walk after work
Tea chappie and mixer approx 5.30pm
Supper chappie 9.30pm

Milo Walked 7am
Breakfast Nature Diet Sensitive 8.30am

Walked again 11.15
Lunch 12.30 Nature diet Sensitive

Winter game in garden summer walk after work
Tea 5.30pm Nature Diet Sensitive
Supper 9.30pm Nature Diet sensitive.

Although mine are both adults milo suffers with excess stomach acid so is sick if not fed little and often, hence still having 4 meals a day. its just as easy as I do it for Milo to do the same for Shady
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >