Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2007, 12:05 PM

Letter of complaint to bank

Im not sure how o go about complaing to the back about lost account details. Can anyone help??

2 months ago i filled out a form with my account details, new and old name, and new and old signatures, to update my account in my married name. They also took a copy of my marriage certificate. I was told my new card ect would arrive in about a week or so. This was not long before the postal strike. Nothing arrived for a while so i put it down to this...

3 days ago, i go back to Llyods to be told they have no record of me ever coming in and changing my details and was told to fill out another form!! I told them was concerned about the loss of my details and what would be done about it and also if i was covered incase of fraud on my account due to their mistake. In answer, i was told "oh its probebly some internal thing. I dont know"

Im livid! I want to put a complaint in to head office, but im rubbish at wrighting letters - any help and advice would be great
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2007, 12:13 PM
I think if you state it just as you have done in the above post, that'll do nicely...it explains clearly and concisely your concerns

Maybe just add a final paragraph asking them to confirm what the situation is and whether it is usual practice for their staff to be so blasé about missing information and customer concerns.

If you feel really strongly, you could say this has shaken your confidence in the bank and you are considering changing to another.

Good luck
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks Hali should i also mention i was considering opening a business account with them in the new year or would that be irrelevent???
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm no expert but there will be an Ombudsman for banks that you can make an official complaint to. Sorry I don't have any contact details.
Hopefully you can sort this out, good luck
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Kanikula View Post
Thanks Hali should i also mention i was considering opening a business account with them in the new year or would that be irrelevent???
It depends on what you really want to get out of it. I suppose the bit where I suggested you saying thinking of changing banks, you could change to something like 'I was considering opening a business account in the new year, but this has shaken my confidence and I do not now know whether to continue with my existing account with you, let alone open a new one'.

Re the ombudsman, I'm no expert either, but I believe where organisations have ombudsman type arrangement, you usually have to make a formal complaint to the bank/organisation first - if/when that isn't satisfactorily dealt, you then go to the ombudsman (with copies of your complaint and the response).