Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2007, 12:20 PM

New Motorbike arriving today!

Finally, after pestering for years, the OH is getting a motorbike.
He bought it yesterday and his friend is going with him to ride it home later.
The garage has been cleared, and no doubt there will be some 'on driveway' polishing/tuning later, just so the neighbours see lol.

I am also in the good books for suggesting he went to buy one, God knows he's taken me to the showroom enough times!

I have a feeling it will definitely be his favourite toy, he's besotted already, and he can't even ride it yet!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2007, 12:26 PM
How exciting for him Becky, and you by the sounds of it!! What bike is it then? I know about bikes I love them!! I've been on the back a fair few times doing 130 and what a buzz that was!!! Can't wait to see the pics. I was trying to persuade my o/h to get a bike, but he said he can't be bothered to go through all the test procedure, which is a shame coz I'd love him to get a bike.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2007, 12:28 PM
I don't know anything about motorbikes but I can imagine how chuffed your O/H is, I can also imagine him outside polishing it and showing it off to anyone that he can

Looking forward to seeing some photos
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
How exciting for him Becky, and you by the sounds of it!! What bike is it then? I know about bikes I love them!! I've been on the back a fair few times doing 130 and what a buzz that was!!! Can't wait to see the pics. I was trying to persuade my o/h to get a bike, but he said he can't be bothered to go through all the test procedure, which is a shame coz I'd love him to get a bike.
Erm, it's blue.
Actually I do know what it is, but I'll surprise you as it's a bit gorgeous
I do know it is very fast
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I don't know anything about motorbikes but I can imagine how chuffed your O/H is, I can also imagine him outside polishing it and showing it off to anyone that he can

Looking forward to seeing some photos
Oh yes, he needs this to get through his mid-life crisis lol
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2007, 12:41 PM
We need a picture of your new "Mean Machine" and i expect to see you on here moaning about the amount of time he spends polishing it
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
We need a picture of your new "Mean Machine" and i expect to see you on here moaning about the amount of time he spends polishing it
Oh yes, no doubt he will take plenty of pics (on for his desk where I usually sit lol), so will post plenty (better charge the camera).
They are going at about 3pm to collect it, even his friend doesn't know what he's going to be riding home so he'll be surprised as all his workmates said he'll never get a bike.

Unfortunately, OH is working until 7pm so I will be left alone with his beastie til then. He won't like that lol.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
Oh yes, no doubt he will take plenty of pics (on for his desk where I usually sit lol), so will post plenty (better charge the camera).
They are going at about 3pm to collect it, even his friend doesn't know what he's going to be riding home so he'll be surprised as all his workmates said he'll never get a bike.

Unfortunately, OH is working until 7pm so I will be left alone with his beastie til then. He won't like that lol.
Get in first and sit on it probably the only chance you'll ever get to sit in the riding seat and not pillion
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2007, 01:04 PM
He will be delighted make sure you have the camera on hand
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Get in first and sit on it probably the only chance you'll ever get to sit in the riding seat and not pillion
Now that's dangerous talk!
I'm not going pillion. A) He said he doesn't feel safe and B) he'd be trying to scare the poop out of me, which on that bike wouldn't be difficult.
He also said he's only been pillion a few times and hates it as you're not in control.

He does want me to get a little bike though lmao
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >