Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 12:50 PM

Fantastic morning walk

Mum has offered to take Eddy most mornings now so I can concentrate on Takara and she can have fun with other dogs without Eddy worrying her.

Today we went upto the park and there were no dogs damn! So we walked around for a bit met a couple of dogs very briefly and then continued on our way.
She had a good roll in the grass for a bit while I sat on a bench and we did a bit of training and then we played chase

I can't chase very well due to my leg but she absolutely loved it, she knows 'I'm gonna getcha!' is a cue word to chase or play keep away (hopefully if we do it enough on cue she won't be desperate to play keepaway in situations when she needs to retrieve!) so we did that and I pretended to chase after her, then we switched and she chased me etc.

I was absolutely knackered! As I sat down on the grass, my puppy dog who hates cuddles outside (she's a big softie in the house but it's just not 'cool' in the park) came and jumped on me and we rolled about in the grass together (I checked for dog poo first!) then we sat in the sun for a while, while I tickled her belly
I must have looked such a prat, but I don't care!

What a lovely walk, I love her so much... :smt007 :smt007
Papillon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Awww sounds like you had a good time!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Oh Lottie sounds like a perfect walk to me - would have loved to have watched you both rolling around in the grass being silly beggars LOL
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Sounds great!

One nice walk can make up for loads of rubbish ones (and make you forget the bad traits of your doggie!)
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 01:28 PM
It's days like this that we should treasure! Sounds heaven to me, glad you enjoyed your walk together