Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 09:58 PM

Scar Question (pics)

Just a quick question regarding my scar. I had the operation on my knee at the end of February so I know it's still very early days.

Anyway my question was, I don't know if you can see from the pics, but the scar gets very tight towards to bottom, and sometimes when I bend my knee it almost feels as though the skin is going to split because it pulls so much (disgusting I know). I am currently using Johnsons baby lotion on it daily, and massaging it well into the scar to try to keep it moisturised, but does anyone have any tips on how I might be able to soften that part of the scar anymore? Or am I stuck with it do you think?

Also does anyone have any tips on what I can put onto my scar (lotions or anything) to help with the fading? Or will it just take time.

Any help appreciated

Ps. please excuse the awful skin - it's still recovering from being under the cast
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 10:14 PM
you could try a Calendula based cream.. it helps with scarring and soothes the tissue
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 10:29 PM
I would suggest something with aloe vera in it. It is a great skin healer. My husband was working out in Guam a few years ago and got very badly burned on his wrist. The local people he was working with actually wrapped it in aloe vera leaves as they were way out from any doctor or hospital they told him to keep it on for a day or two. When he took it off he was amazed how the skin had already started to heal. There is hardly a mark there now.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 10:31 PM
vasleine intensive care always use this its a moisteriser(sorry for the spelling its getting on)its great for scars and softening the skin,im allergic to most things and this is great. and plenty of time
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the help I already have some vaseline and aloe vera, so I might give those a go first and see how I get on, and if not I'll try a calendula based one
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 11:52 PM
When I was pregnant I used combinations of Bio Oil, vitmin E oil from Holland & Barratt and Palmer's Scar Serum and I didn't get any stretch marks (wasn't taking any chances ). I also used Elemis Japanese Chamellia Oil.

Sadly none of these have made the caesarean scar invisible but they did help keep the skin supple.
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 09:55 AM
I am a total clutz in the kitchen and have burnt myself numerous times on the hot oven racks!!
I have some Bio-oil like Lucky Star suggested which I rub in & it does seem to have helped to reduce the scaring
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Bio oli seems to be the big seller in this dept. but have not tried it myself.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Vitamin E..you can just get the capsules in a supermarket and rub it in and also lavender aromatherapy oil rubbed in neat.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 11:59 AM
I had surgery a few years back on my knee, and found that Mother Of Pearl cream worked wonders in helping the scar to heal and fade I also found it reduced the irritation and soothed the scar. It costs about £12 and can be brought online.
I have no scar as such now too, just a white line which is barely visable
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >