Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2007, 08:14 PM

Charlie Golden Retriever pup

This is Charlie, he is now 11wks and coming on well. His favourite pastimes are digging up my garden and eating (anything!). He is a bundle of fun and good natured wee thing.

Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Ohhhhhh puppies!!! and a GR at that definately on my wish list of breeds in the future!

Gorgeous little baby he looks so fluffy just want to give him a big cuddle!
gracelund
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Goldens love to garden, I have three so I'll leave it to your imagination the state my garden is
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 08:53 PM
he really is a cutie... bless him xxxxxxx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

20-07-2007, 08:54 PM
He is just like a cuddly little Teddy Bear and I just want to cuddle, cuddle, cuddle, Great pics Thanks for sharing and enjoy his puppyhood they grow up so quickly
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Ooooh puppy - a Golden Retriever to Charlie is such a beautiful liitle pup! Glad to hear you got someone to help you with your gardening
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 09:01 PM
He is beautiful. Digging up gardens is a favourite pastime for a Golden Retriever

Ours remodelled our garden in no time by digging up two lawns, pruning all the shrubs -in a 60 foot border - back to ground level and retrieving fish from the pond

He never uses the paths but prefers to force his way up behind the trees and then jump over the small wall between the bottom lawn and the top one

I used to have a really nice garden that was much admired but now I wake up most mornings expecting travellers to have moved in to our "waste ground"

Now we have decided to pave the bottom end of the garden entirely and have raised borders instead - that should provide him with lots of entertainment
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 09:04 PM
What a lovely puppy.
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Thanks guys,
lizziel, your post made me laugh, I already have 'paths' through my flower border and two troughs overturned and plants thrown out!
It came as a bit of a shock as my older dog is a Cocker Spaniel who never did any gardening
I was hoping he would grow out of it until I read your post
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by pam2 View Post
Thanks guys,
lizziel, your post made me laugh, I already have 'paths' through my flower border and two troughs overturned and plants thrown out!
It came as a bit of a shock as my older dog is a Cocker Spaniel who never did any gardening
I was hoping he would grow out of it until I read your post
Well - he will grow out of it eventually. Harley is 2 at the end of August and he stays out of the pond now and doesn't do much digging anymore. He has allowed the shrubs to grow this year but I don't think the lawns will recover without a major make over

But it does have it's upside - when we were digging some drainage channels earlier this year Harley was a great help

[IMG][/IMG]

And you too could have a lawn like ours

(He is chasing bubbles )

[IMG][/IMG]
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >