Our sister sites
Our sister sites
j78
New Member!
Female 

14-06-2007, 10:43 AM

Weeing over himself!

Hi,

Hope i've put this in the correct section.

I've got a 9 month Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who has not been castrated. He's finally learnt to wee by cocking his leg and was quite successful at first, although a bit wobbly. He's now starting to get wee all over himself so that he's stomach/leg is constantly wet, smelly and yellow! Just wanted to know if this is common and that he should get better at weeing properly in time!

Thanks!
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by j78 View Post
Hi,

Hope i've put this in the correct section.

I've got a 9 month Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who has not been castrated. He's finally learnt to wee by cocking his leg and was quite successful at first, although a bit wobbly. He's now starting to get wee all over himself so that he's stomach/leg is constantly wet, smelly and yellow! Just wanted to know if this is common and that he should get better at weeing properly in time!

Thanks!
Afraid I don't have any info for you as my boy was castrated at 8 months and has never cocked his leg - I pitty my grass! He does what I call his 'tarts wee'

Sure someone will be along with some info for you soon
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 02:15 PM
A lot of my puppies have wet their front legs while learning to cock their leg, & by the bye I have known an entire dog who never cocked his leg & several neutered dogs who do. My friends neutered dog always wets his front legs, though he doesn't cock his leg. Hope he grows out of it.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi j70 although your puppy has reached the juvenile stage and the surge of hormones that comes around that time has prompted him to lift his leg, he may still me lifting it half heartedly to urinate rather that taking direct aim to scent mark as well as urinate. He should get more proficient at this as he matures and with experience. He should also learn to lick and clean himself.

If the urine is particularly strong smelling and your puppy is relieving himself more that usual he may have a urinary tract infection that requires a visit to the vet.

Make sure he has access to clean fresh water at all times to prevent the urine becoming concentrated an irritating the bladder.
colliewobbles
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2007, 05:00 PM
I have a seven year old Border Collie who wees on his own front leg virtually every time he goes Doesn't seem to bother him and he just licks himself clean, he's a bit of an all round wooss really

In fact my two year old collie x bitch can cock her leg better than him

Not of any help I'm afraid but it may have given you a laugh
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-06-2007, 05:10 PM
My Snorri-dog (now 9) had trouble when he was a little puppydog - he kept cocking his front leg! Eventually, though, he got it right, and he's fine now.

Snorri
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
My Snorri-dog (now 9) had trouble when he was a little puppydog - he kept cocking his front leg! Eventually, though, he got it right, and he's fine now.

Snorri
Poor wee thing! God you do get a laugh with dogs don't you!?
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-06-2007, 07:44 PM
i was waiting to enter SKC champ show at ingliston last year, and this lady was in front of me handing her ticket to the gatekeeper. she was very smartly dressed in a light tan trouser suit. the ticket collector said to her "excuse me madam, but your dog's weeing down your leg". her trouser leg was soaking, and could hardly see for the tears running down my face with laughter !!
j78
New Member!
Female 

15-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Thanks for all the replies been really helpful.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
i was waiting to enter SKC champ show at ingliston last year, and this lady was in front of me handing her ticket to the gatekeeper. she was very smartly dressed in a light tan trouser suit. the ticket collector said to her "excuse me madam, but your dog's weeing down your leg". her trouser leg was soaking, and could hardly see for the tears running down my face with laughter !!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >