Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-06-2007, 03:12 PM

Poor 'ol Bubby....

Bubby, being the name I seem to most use to refer to Blondi of course, has incurred an injury on her travels!

She has a habit of rolling around in the grass when we walk. I think what has happened is that she initially cut it on a blade of grass, and then, perhaps irritated by the dripping blood, she did it all the more. Then I spotted it.

No walks for her until it heals up properly as she'll just keep reopening it again and again.

In other news....

I spoke to Rob last night about getting a second dog. I asked whether he thought, having seen Blondi, he thought it would help her, hinder her, or have no effect at all. Sadly for us, he feels that it might have a negative effect on her.

His view being that, at present, Blondi doesn't really have much opportunity to fine-tune her aggression. With another dog around her all the time, she could use that to "practise" and get better at being a bully. On the flip-side, she might just teach the second dog the merits of being a bully. Albeit one who doesn't bite but tries to intimidate other dogs.

Based on Rob's advice, we're going to wait a few more months, keep working with Blondi, and then review it again. Hey ho....
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Aww poor Blondi!
Hope it feels better soon.

Well done for going with Rob's advice - many wouldn't but you know it's best for Blondi I've had trouble with mine copying negative behaviour and it's not good. Takara used to be pretty confident and friendly, but now very snappy and nervous on her lead.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Yeah, we'd dearly love a second dog, but not at any cost. We can wait...

The last thing we want is to put Blondi's progress back.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Wise thoughts - I'd love another dog too but it's not really an option at the moment.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2007, 06:37 AM
Hope the nose gets better soon.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2007, 07:41 AM
Ouch - that looks painfull - hope blondi feels better soon!