Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colonel & Karen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2007, 10:32 AM

Update on April (OES)

Hey Guy's April the Old English Sheepdog that we rescued about 2 months ago finally found a loving family to take her on, they already have a rescued ex racing Greyhound so i'm sure she will have a great life with them, we miss her alot as she was such a Character but we had to find her a home where she would get lots of love and attention as we can only do so much with 9 dog's it is very hard to give them all the attention they need,

here is an email i got this morning from her new family who only have her since Wednesday.

Hi Karen

Sorry did not get a chance to give you a buzz yesterday I was so busy playing mammy.
She is just the most fantastic little dog!

She has settling in very well - sleeps thru the night , just potters around after you to see what you doing.She is very interested in the bathroom. When she came home we popped her in the bath so every time she hears water running shes in sitting on the mat looking to see if she can get in.We had her clipped yesterday evening and she is delighted with herself.Under all the fur she is actually a good healthy size, so you did an excellent job on feeding her up.

She must have been a house dog in her previous life- she has all the ticks of the trade . when I was cooking dinner last night she was under the kitchen table watchin to see what was on offer ...... then she was snuzzling robbie for some of his, hard to say no when you get the big brown eyes.
She has taken over one of the couches in the sitting room as her bed , if you say "in" to her she runs off and gets on to it. She is hilarious!She is not interested in chewing anything yet but im sure that will come .

I didn't take her out for a walk yet I want her to know us very well so that we have a good recall of her , but I take her out to Ruddocks grass run ( its massive ) and fenced in so its safe for her. She wont go to the toilet when she on the lead . Likes her privacy!!!. We had her running around last night . She was barking and yepling at us like mad. She is pretty fast on the paws, poor ruddock will be under pressure if they are playing chasing.She plays fetch and everything .She has a really funny run , bouncing and skipping. Robbie is delighted with that , poor Pugsley the boxer has his own version of fetch so its nice to see it done correctly.

She has an action packed weekend ahead of her, she is off to meet her granny and grandad ( my parents )and my nephew Rory who is 5 . They will just adore her . Mam and Dad have a cat at home who is nearly 15 so hopefully she doesnt frighten him too much. Then on Sunday she is heading off to meet all Robbie's family. She will be a tired little doggie on sunday night after meeting everyone.

Ill text you on a picture of her new coat , you be amazed how big she is .Ill email some pics as soon as I find my digital camera . I havent seen it since christmas but im sure its somewhere.

We are absolutly thrilled with her , she is a welcome addition to the family. Thank you so very much for taking her in, the alternative is just too horrible to think of.

Have a lovely weekend and Ill update you in a couple of weeks. I must send you up some pics of ruddock aswell. He is just a a big sweetheart aswell.

Kind regards,

April,Ruddock, Lorraine, Robbie
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 08:24 PM
thats great news
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 08:38 PM
What great news a happy dog and new owners.