Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-04-2007, 04:28 PM

New bits and bobs for the electronic abacus

As I hope soon to have all these computers networked, I decided to get some new peripherals to attach to my Mac G5 (which, being the biggest and most powerful, is going to be the "central workhorse" of the LAN) - a new scanner and a new printer. The old scanner has to go because it won't work with Mac OSX, and the old printer has already joined the Great Internet in the Sky. So, bearing in mind low cost as an important consideration, I've bought an Epson D78 printer (on offer at play.com) and an Epson V100 scanner (on order at Amazon).

I think that all I need now is an old-style Airport card and a Broadband connection!

Sometimes, I wonder what the guy who built this house would have thought. Probably "Witchcraft!!!"

Snorri
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
As I hope soon to have all these computers networked, I decided to get some new peripherals to attach to my Mac G5 (which, being the biggest and most powerful, is going to be the "central workhorse" of the LAN) - a new scanner and a new printer. The old scanner has to go because it won't work with Mac OSX, and the old printer has already joined the Great Internet in the Sky. So, bearing in mind low cost as an important consideration, I've bought an Epson D78 printer (on offer at play.com) and an Epson V100 scanner (on order at Amazon).

I think that all I need now is an old-style Airport card and a Broadband connection!

Sometimes, I wonder what the guy who built this house would have thought. Probably "Witchcraft!!!"

Snorri
LOL, he probably would have thought 'Witchcraft'
Niknak
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Lol @ Witchcraft!

'Tis true though - 25 years ago you would never have though what we can do today would be possible!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-04-2007, 05:49 PM
In fact, I've met a couple of guys who were born in this house - in box-beds. Once (in its pre-extension days), this house was home to 9 people! Now, it homes 2 people and 2 dogs, and we could use more space!

Snorri