Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Swisbey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-03-2007, 12:04 PM

Shan - a hare, mis-hap and advice re: classes

Odd mixture I know. Firstly I must say I have missed Dogsey - had problems and couldn't get on!
Shan has used one of her 9 lives (do dogs gets lives?). She went stone-deaf on me when a hare leapt up in front of her, chased it across two fields and onto a busy road. Don't know what exactly happened but found her by the roadside with the help of kind motorists - she turned out to have head injuries, pancreas and liver swelling. Fortunately after 4 days in hosp. she came home and has been steadily improving.
The problem now - I don't want a repeat performance. We have deer around which she chases and a train track running through the centre of our fields!
Does anyone have any knowledge of the classes in Swindon/Wootton Bassett area as I do need to improve her obedience?
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Unfortunately one of the best trainers has just recently moved from roughly that area otherwise I'd have put you in touch (Anne Bussey) - she's in Kent now.

Try www.apdt.co.uk , also see if you can find Suzanne Jaffa (not sure how many Jaffas would be in the yellow pages? worth a try). I've had a one to one trials training with her so only have a bit of knowledge about her, but she seemed good.

Wys
x
Jockmcsporran
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-03-2007, 07:54 PM
our local council issue all the liscences for dog run events up here .i might b wrong as i usually am ( im a man ) but if you were getting no help maybe call the council offices and ask for a list or ask if that certain club is listed