View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sumbear880
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-02-2007, 05:49 PM

HELP! 75lb Lab won't stop pulling while on leash!

My lab is being very stubborn. She just won't stop pulling. I've tryed stopping when she pulls, walking the other way, nothing seems to be working. She's really bad when there are people around. I took her out the other day in a public park with a lot of people and she was pulling so hard she was yanking the leash out of my hand. She would pull so hard that her body would come off the ground. I tryed stopping everytime she pulling and then she would whine when we stopped. She was beyond excited I couldn't control her.
Does anyone have any advice on what I should do about her pulling? This is becoming very annoying cause I'm running out of things to do.
maggertybeasty
New Member!
Female 

05-02-2007, 06:47 PM
I would try a Gentle Leader or a Halti. They've worked on every dog i've tried them on. You can get one at Petsmart or Petco. There is also the Canny Collar www.cannyco.com.
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-02-2007, 08:27 PM
I agree, I've recently begun using a Halti on one of mine, and it's worked like magic. She doesn't even try to pull on it. It's a miracle cure.

Dawn R.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2007, 08:51 PM
I use a Sensible Dog Harness on my leonberger. He is only 5 months old but is extremely strong already. After using the harness for just 5 mins he didn't even try to pull. www.softouchconcepts.com
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2007, 12:17 AM
I use a head collar on mine, as well as an ordinary collar, using a double ended lead. Don't have a problem with pulling then
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2007, 01:29 AM
The dogmatic headcollar is very good and is the hardest for dogs to get of IMO especially larger dogs. You can also get a collar link so that if they do get it off they are still attached to the collar and can't get away. The double ended leads are good too - Halti training leads are good and quite cheap to buy.