Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 05:52 PM

Remy - English Setter

Hello, my name is Remy, I'm a blue belton English Setter, I'm 8 years old and mummy says I'm a "proper little madam" !

I've lived with mummy since I was 9 weeks old and, according to her, have ruled the roost since then, tee hee. Mummy started calling me "Remy Rascal" almost as soon as she got me! It's not that I'm bossy, it's just that them boys are so gormless that I have to give them a bit of a shove in the right direction if they aren't doing as they should. My favourite job is rounding them up from the paddock, sometimes mummy calls us all to come in and they ignore her so I chase them in. I'm not really going to bite them or anything, I just make this grumbling noise and chase them. Mummy always says I'm naughty doing that to them cos they're scared but I do a cheeky grin and show her my teeth, (learnt that off Bailey!), just so she knows I'm only playing. It's quite funny cos the boys don't know whether I mean it and their ears go back and they look a bit frightened of me. It shows just how stupid they are cos, in all my years, I've never, ever bitten any of them. Its normally Giddy that tests the water, the others encourage him cos they know he's a bit thick. He'll come over and try to kiss me, sometimes I let him and then the others all jump at me but sometimes I chase him again and then everyone runs in different directions, just in case I'm gonna tell them off again. He's mad, he falls for them talking him into it every time.

It was funny when I was younger, I played a trick on mummy, I was in season and, because she was working, I wasn't allowed to have any puppies. She kept me safe and secure from those boys, she needn't have worried anyway cos I would have put them in their place if they'd come near me. Anyway, Rory the Irish setter, (he was Alfies dad), had been chatting me up and he was very charming so I arranged to meet him in the garden one evening. Mummy had let me out and was just filling up the water bowls for overnight, it was quite chilly and raining, mummy was in her pyjamas ready for bed. Anyway, as arranged, Rory broke through the bottom of the door, (he took the locked up dog flap with him), and all the boys followed him through the broken door and joined me in the garden. Mummys face was a picture, before she knew it me and Rory was in a clinch, in the pouring rain, right by the stinging nettles with the other boys all circling around us. Poor mummy, she got soaking wet cos she had to support me, which meant her arms were in the stinging nettles, whilst keeping an eye on the others who, strangely enough, just laid down and waited for mummy. Me and Rory stayed like that for 40 minutes, when we had finished mummy rushed me indoors and I gave her the biggest grin, I was so pleased with myself.

I had to have some injections after that, which wasn't very nice, but mummy said it was best all round, just in case we had puppies. Soon after that I had to have an operation to stop me having any babies because I had some lumps appear and mummy didn't want to take any chances with them.

After my operation mummy couldn't show me any more, my hair just went awful and I lost my waistline. I didn't mind really, I had been to crufts and had lots of rosettes so I knew I'd done my bit for the team.

My job these days is just to keep order really, when mummy goes anywhere and leaves us I make sure everyone behaves themselves and look after them until mummy comes back . You see, mummy relies on me so much, I have to make sure that everyone comes in when they're told, if we have chew sticks I make sure everyone has enjoyed theirs before I eat mine, yes, I admit I do then make a point of showing everyone that I've still got mine and daring them to take it, but it's only a game, honest.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Remy sounds like a right little madam.. hehe

Great Blog ..... wheres the pics
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Sorry Ian, knew I'd forgotten something
Azz