Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 03:41 PM

Tilly's new treat

Today me and the kids decided to buy Tilly a Kong. We weren't sure what to put in it for her as we wanted to try something different.

Anyway we ended up with the following

Layer of apple, layer of doggy choch drops, layer of normal food then another layer of apple.

At first Tilly wouldn't eat the apple but after a bit of encouragement she ate it. Now she gets everything else out of her kong, leaves it all over the floor, just to get to the apple

Me thinks she likes apple
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Mmmmmm sounds delicious, can I have some.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Mmmmmm sounds delicious, can I have some.
I was thinking the same thing!

Now you can bung up the small end with something, pour in some stewed apple and freeze it. I do that with allsorts like peanut butter or chappie, it lasts for ages, they love it! Meat paste is good too, the value brands at 19p per jar are good as they are nice and smelly so they keep licking inside for ages.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Ive been looking at kongs in the shops for ages now and wondering whether to get the dogs one or not...
Im going out tomorrow to get 2 kongs, they sound great!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by teenytiny View Post
Ive been looking at kongs in the shops for ages now and wondering whether to get the dogs one or not...
Im going out tomorrow to get 2 kongs, they sound great!
We have a smaller red one and the huge black one, they're not cheap to start with but they are the only rubber toy they've never managed to dent/rip/tear or totally destroy, theres not a mark on either of them..... and even love playing with them when empty.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-12-2006, 05:20 PM
I get savoury jelly from my butcher (the stuff they use for tripe etc) and fill it with that and a few little scraps) When it sets it takes em ages chewing at it trying to get to the scraps... Gotta luv the kongs
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 06:27 PM
LOL, my destuctive little minx destoyed two kongs - the red medium size. I was horrified as they are quite expensive. I ended up getting the black kong as they are stronger, was a bit concerned at first as they only do L and XL. He's happy cause he gets more in it and its lasted him two or three months now without being destoyed - so I'm happy. He likes his with chicken, liver, cheese, chick paste, all mixed up - yuk
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Tilly's now throwing her's about the room If it keeps her happy who cares
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 09:12 AM
My lots love their kongs as well. i've got a few on ropes so i fill them and hang them on the kitchen door handle. they have a really hard job emptying the knog that way and it lasts a bit longer. i tend to use a well know supermarket brand of "value" pate to cover the biscuits or frozen gravey that i've filled the kong with, as i've tried peanut butter and my lot won't go near it.