Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 01:43 PM

Got a problem, car wise!

Hubby wants me to trade in my car for a 4 wheel drive....It makes sense, he is away a lot and we do get bad winters up here.
But.... My darling little tara, ripped the back of one of the back seats a while ago, and hubby does not know...
Do I come clean and show him the damage, or do I just say, I do not want a new car???
Help!!!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 01:46 PM
i would tell him ....he's bound to see it sometime anyway if you keep the car ....
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 01:49 PM
I'd come clean, it may be hard to tell him but just imagine when the bad weather hits and you wish you were in a 4x4, you'll be kicking yourself then.
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 03:17 PM
no question. tell him.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

22-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Def tell him......... do it in such a way that he'll be relieved that its only a rip in the seat of the car. My friend did this when she had bought a really erxpensive coat that she had hidden from her o/h . Start off by saying something like I have something really awful to tell you but don't know where to start then when he get really worried tell him about the rip in the seat and he will probably be like my friends o/h so relieved that it was just that and not something really serious. Us girls must stick together.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 03:39 PM
trouble is, he will moan about it for years to come.....he tends to cast things up all the time..
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 04:40 PM
How bad is the rip ? Is it fixable with Invisible Mend ?
Failing that, most car seats have removable covers, if a bit awkward to do cos the zips are often well hidden and a pain to get to, but what about calling some scrap yards for a replacement which should be pretty cheap ? [ either the cover or the whole seat depending on the damage ].
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
How bad is the rip ? Is it fixable with Invisible Mend ?
Failing that, most car seats have removable covers, if a bit awkward to do cos the zips are often well hidden and a pain to get to, but what about calling some scrap yards for a replacement which should be pretty cheap ? [ either the cover or the whole seat depending on the damage ].
She has totally ripped the back off of the back seat, I have the seats covered with waterproof covers, so you cannot see it...
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 09:50 PM
What sort of car is it and whats the seat colour scheme - maybe we can all do a hunt for an inexpensive replacement [ assuming its a replaceable type which luckily most are ]
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
What sort of car is it and whats the seat colour scheme - maybe we can all do a hunt for an inexpensive replacement [ assuming its a replaceable type which luckily most are ]
Don't think it can be replaced Patch Its a renault Kangoo...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >