Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 04:34 PM

I'm Angry!

Just need to rant. The guy who lived upstairs from me and was agreat neighbour rescued a 3 year old from the local kennels about a year ago, a great dog, friendly with kids people dogs and cats and barked to warn when someon strange in close. He just got engaged (despite the fact all they ever did was argue - which the dog put up with) and sold his fllat and moved out. As he had nowhere to go, him and his fiance moved in to her mums complete with dog. This happened on Wednesday.

The dog has never been destructive nor aggressive but today I get a text asking if I know anyone who wants a lab, I asked why and he said its just not convenient havig him here

I asked a few people but noone could take him and nuch as I would love to there isnt a lot of room in my wee 1 bedroom flat.

I texted back to say I didnt knoiw anyone but was sure it would work out to which he replied he'll just have to go back to the kennels they'll take him.

I am so annoyed, why should the poor dog suffer if he had a small child and that wsnt convenient what would he do with him/her take them to the park and leave them???

I know sometimes circumstances change and people can no longer cope, but this move has been planned

Poor dog
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 04:37 PM
It's awful how some people just have dogs and then throw then away when its no longer convenient for them isn't it Poor dog - sounds like the lab would be a better bet than the fiancee - doesn't sound like it will last. But then he could always go back to the kennels and get ANOTHER dog couldn't he?
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Some people will always put themselves first huni, it is the way life goes. Personally I would never put my pets before myself, they depend on us not the other way around.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Very sad and it makes me so mad when people discard dogs like old toys.
I know circumstances change and perhaps if you move in with someone with a boistrous destructive youngster there is a valid reason.
But a well behaved dog that is no trouble, I can't see how he wouldn't have known it couldn't go before and spent time finding a suitable home.
Lets just hope the dog finds a loving permanent home.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 04:47 PM
She's not got any kids, there are none in the house they are temporarily living in, and the idea was to look for a house to buy with a big garden for the dog, they'll not be needing that now...unless like Foxy says, they get another dog when they find a house, a bit like a new suite really!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Sadly, this is what happens far too often isn't it. Poor dog uprooted yet again and moved on somewhere else. Let's hope he moves to a new forever home next time. I hate it when people treat dogs like a piece of furniture!!!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Isn't it amazing, people who do this sort of thing expect someone else to solve the "problem".

Someone I work with has a male, entire GSD that she "wants to get rid of" because he barks all night.

At bedtime he is slung out into a shed on his own in the garden.... hardly surprising really poor thing.

I was constantly surprised by new depths that people would plumb to once a dog became "inconvenient" when I helped with Dalmatian welfare. We have just had "Pet week" here and one caller wanted a Dalmatian "for the kids". Luckily, the vet taking the calls at the radio station put the caller off, big time.

Sometimes I am glad my breed gets bad press!!!!!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 06:57 PM
really makes me angry when ppl do that to a loyal n loving dog. get rid of the girlfriend n keep the dog.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2006, 06:05 PM
UPDATE

Got text today to say that yes ex neighbour had indeed given dog to the local rescue kennels, and apparently the person there is going to phone him when the lab gets a new home. Have asked that he tells me (I sound like a complete nosey ex neighbour , but I used to doggy sit and I really hope he gets a forever home).
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Fingers crossed that this little sweetheart finally gets the Home it deserves

Thanks for the Up date
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >