Our sister sites
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2006, 01:38 PM

I feel really bad today!

Hi all,

Im feeling really bad today

This morning i went to bring my bin in and Tia followed me into the front garden like she always does

Anyway as i turned round i see her jump over the fence and straight across the road as she had spotted another dog on the other side of the road

I called her and she wouldnt come back so i had to run over and grab her.

Luckily the other dog was friendly, but the owners did say if she was a male it would of been a different story.

I knew she wouldnt be vicious, but i feel really guilty because the dogs owners were quite old and i should think it gave them a bit of a scare. Also if a car was coming Tia could of been run over
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Dont feel bad, i have been through lots of mishaps with Zuki and all you can do is learn from it,
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Like Zuba says, no need to feel bad. Another dog across the street is a great treat for any dog so it's little wonder they're not interested in anything you might have to offer at the time.

All you can do is keep on training that recall....
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2006, 03:30 PM
It always shakes you up a bit when things like this Happen. last week 2 of mine run out of the Front Door called them just in time as a Van Drove up my very quite road,still makes my blood run cold what could have happened

Now they are shut away before front Door is opened
Ray
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-08-2006, 04:01 PM
It is very difficult to safeguard the odd mishap. I think every dog owner would have a story to tell. Both my sons have hit dogs that ran out onto the road. Both dogs unhurt, but one was a GSD that put a big dent in his car. The owner refused to pay for the damage, untill we threatened to report him (the owner that is) under the DDA act. for failing to have his dog under control in a public place. He coughed up then.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2006, 05:02 PM
You'll know for next time Sara - no point in beating yourself up over it honey xx