View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Daniellew
Dogsey Junior

18-07-2006, 09:04 PM

Dog cooling mat

I am looking for a cooling mat. Where can i get one from?

I am ideally looking for one that does not have to be soaked in water, as my dog hates it. i dont know if there is any such thing though
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-07-2006, 09:16 PM
The type you are looking for you have to have them shipped from the US

A thread HERE about them.

Daniellew
Dogsey Junior

18-07-2006, 10:32 PM
do you know how these work?

http://www.soothsoft.com/cc.html
Carole
Supervisor

18-07-2006, 10:39 PM
That is the ones that come from the US. You fill them with water which keeps the dog cool when they lie on it. I had one but will need to get a new one as Finn chewed our old one.

The only thing is they are really heavy as the large one takes about 5 gallons of water so they are not really moveable.

I paid about £100 two years ago for one in the UK but there does not seem to be any UK suppliers anymore
Daniellew
Dogsey Junior

18-07-2006, 10:42 PM
it does not mention anything about putting water in it.

I guess i will have to get one and try it. (see if it works) I have a fussy dog you see and he hates being wet he wont even step through a puddle he has to go around it.

Typical Boxer to chew something up (lol) we had one (sadly no longer with us) and he once destroyed our sofa (he was left for 15 minutes) and when i say destroyed i mean there was nothing left and he also killed a Duvet. ( a feather one, imagine the mess) lol
Carole
Supervisor

18-07-2006, 10:45 PM
It does not mention water on the site but that is what you have to do Star loved her bed, she slept on it most of the summer when we had it.

I should of moved it when Finn was a puppy but as it was under my bed I forgot about it and being a chewy pup it was something to chew.

I can imagine the damage from a duvet
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-07-2006, 07:16 AM
The ones that are soaked in water are dry to the touch. You soak them for about 20 minutes and then hang them up. After about 15 minutes they don't feel wet any more.
carolyn
Dogsey Junior

19-07-2006, 10:34 AM
It took a lot of searching but I KNEW I had seen them,I had 2 and they are nice and cool,a uk supplier,now leave me 1 in stock please

https://www.k9carts.co.uk/bed.html
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by carolyn
It took a lot of searching but I KNEW I had seen them,I had 2 and they are nice and cool,a uk supplier,now leave me 1 in stock please

although this is a uk site the goods come from the u.s so you end up paying import tax on top (inca had to pay the tax at her front door to the delivery guy)
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by carolyn

Griff is correct. I ordered through this UK site too (many months ago) and my credit card was charged in dollars and delivery was from the US.

Have a look at the other thread currently going about cool mats
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >