Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 05:11 PM

Tiscali views please

We are thinking about changing broadband provider to Tiscali. Could anyone who has experience of it tell me what they think please?
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Thankyou for moving it to the right place! :smt023
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Not brillient in my opinion, I'm with tiscali and the internet connection is always cutting off (every hour or so) if I'm on for a while, and then I spend ages trying to get back online, from time to time their server goes down and you can be waiting hours to get back online until they have sorted their problems out. My sister is also with Tiscali and so is my partners brother and we all have the same problems with them. I am actually considering changing myself over to talk talk (british gas). As we get our gas and electric with them (and fone) we also get the free evening and weekend calls (equivelent to bt option 2) only we don't have to pay for it as we have our gas and leccy with them so only pay line rental to BT. If we change our phone (line rental) over to British gas and change our internet provider to them we will get free daytime and evening calls everyday of the week. So for £29.99 a month we could get line rental (phone) and internet (broadband) + free local calls day or night.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 08:49 PM
My friend is on Tiscali and she said it's the business
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Thankyou both.

angelmist, we are with British Gas for gas and electric, will look into that. Cheers.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2006, 01:27 AM
No problems, its worth it, you don't save loads in the short term but you do save a bit and in the long run all the small saving add up.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-04-2006, 03:15 PM
If you do alot of downloading they will be quick to quote the fair useage policy that they have cause thye have said to my friend that they would reconmend that he changes his ISP cause the amount of time he's omline and downloading.
patterdale fan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2006, 03:22 PM
I've been with tiscali for about 2 years now, and have had no problems at all. I pay £20.00 per month for unlimited broadband and all UK phone calls, plus line rental to BT. I download loads and have never been told its too much. I believe that if you download lots at peak times you can get threatening letters, so I just download all night!

Some of my friends who have tiscali broadband say that the download speed is terrible sometimes, but I'm too useless in the IT department to know anything about this!
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2006, 05:07 PM
I missed this when you posted, sorry.. for what it's worth I found that ISP to be the worst I've dealt with in a long time. My internet connection never reached the speed that it was supposed to do and it used to cut me off on a regular basis and would take over an hour to reconnect (sometimes longer). Their customer service was pathetic and quite frankly, I was disgusted.

I do not download at all, so this was never an issue for me. All I want to do is to check my emails, browse forums and upload a few photo's. Not much to ask is it? Tiscali coudln't even afford me that 95% of the time I was with them!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Thankyou all for taking the time to reply - much appreciated.

We have had a chat, and have decided that although AOL is expensive, as we have never had a problem with it, it is wise to stay put rather than risk it.

Thanks guys!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >