Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 07:30 AM

jwb ( is all flavoured jwb ok?)

Hiya,
was just wondering about james wellbeloved. we got some free samples from them and molly really seemed to enjoy the fish one.
Are all types of the james wellbeloved ok because i have heard that only the lamb and rice one is ok.

thanks kelly
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 07:52 AM
we have ahd china on all flavours of JWB and yes she lurved the fish one but her breath was unbearable!!!!!

I give it the thumbs up for all flavours!
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-04-2006, 07:54 AM
If the food has no artificial colourings, flavourings, preservatives, and a good percentage of meat as opposed to grain 'fillers' it should be ok
Joanne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Here is the website for JWB:
http://www.wellbeloved.co.uk/

It is quite a good food, I use the Lamb&Rice adult one.

They also dont have any beef, wheat, wheat gluten or dairy or soya either, which can cause food allergies and/or a scuffy coat and itching.

In a good dry dog food make sure the percentage of meat is high and of good quality. So it should be at the start of the list of ingredients and shouldnt say just meat and animal derivatives!

My two love it and scoff the lot at dinner time so it must taste ok too!!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 08:43 AM
I feed fresh meet but one of my girls do have a tablespoon of the JWB Duck & Rice and it is polished in 60 seconds
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Just to add, i was pleased to note when i dropped some kibble in water that it did not expand in water, Our previous dogs biscuits would expand coz it was full of fillers whereas JWB doesnt!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-04-2006, 09:31 AM
I had Finn on the junior turkey and rice for a while as it seemed better ingredients than the adult.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2006, 05:43 PM
We use the duck and rice daily along with Naturediet.(alfies fav!)
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Mine have always been on JWB. Even though Dalmatians have problems with red meat, the lamb variety is fine, I do chop and change though and choose the turkey in preference "just in case" but it has never caused me any problems. Managed to get the fish version yesterday, for a change, as well as three other flavours, I have a 110 mile round trip to buy JWB so I grab whatever they have on the shelf, generally!
And yes, it IS worth the 100 mile round trip IMO.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy
Mine have always been on JWB. Even though Dalmatians have problems with red meat, the lamb variety is fine, I do chop and change though and choose the turkey in preference "just in case" but it has never caused me any problems. Managed to get the fish version yesterday, for a change, as well as three other flavours, I have a 110 mile round trip to buy JWB so I grab whatever they have on the shelf, generally!
And yes, it IS worth the 100 mile round trip IMO.
And there was i thinking i had to 'go out of my way' to get hold of Naturediet these days...................
(Thats a long old way Deccy.I won't get quite so annoyed next time i have trouble......Lol)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >