Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-04-2006, 11:54 AM

Looking for a CD

As may be apparent from some of my posts, I've come to be a bit of a fan of the jazz violinist Stephane Grappelli. Grappelli died in 1997, aged 89: his heyday was from (approx) 1935-1945, so he's hardly chart material today. he was renowned for his work with guitarist Django Reinhardt and the "Quintette du Hot Club de France". Recordings nowadays consist of remastered 78s, transferred to CD.

Anyway, recently, I acquired a disc called "Swing from Paris, vol.2" (label = Naxos Jazz Legends) from the Internet. The recordings date from 1935-1943.
However, numerous searches have failed to find Vol.1 for me (can't even find it on the Naxos site!), so I've decided to ask DW-ers if there is a mamber who is a dedicated Googler who can track it down and PM me a link to somewhere I can buy it! Unfortunately, I don't even know what tracks are on it, and I'm only assuming there's a Vol.1 because there's a Vol.2 !

In the meantime, I'll carry on the hunt myself, too - but any help is welcome!

Thanking you all in advance.....

Snorri
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-04-2006, 01:38 PM
Don't know which one you've got (I'm guessing the last one), but there seems to be several different covers here - guess you can compare the track listings.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...534686-2948641